For Constipation (A tip)

Cewsbaby

Mom of 2 boys! Hoping for a 3rd
Reaction score
This has been approved as safe for a pregnant woman to use if you are constipates and I asked High Risk doctors just to be sure.

Fleet Glycerin Liquid Suppositories. :thumbup: :loo: :happydance:

TMI maybe, but, I have been so backed up for the last few weeks that it has been making me nauseous and I needed some serious relief. I was FINALLY able to go to the bathroom and not strain to get out a little amount! It was probably less than a minute and I had relief. Just wanted to pass on this little gem of info that was passed on to me.

I've been constipated this whole pregnancy, and I'm only 17 weeks:haha:

Just to add my experience!

I use glycerin suppositories fairly regularly even when not pregnant, it never crossed my mind that they wouldn't be safe during pregnancy as glycerin is basically just like oil/soap and it's only in your body for a very short time (maximum 10 minutes in my case usually haha). But I did check with a pharmacist early in pregnancy and was confirmed they are fine. I've used them all the way through pregnancy with no ill effects, probably once a week on average - if you get backed up, changing your diet won't work as it's just piling on top, you need to loosen it at the bottom end haha and suppositories are so the way to go!

I get mine on Amazon (UK), I search glycerin suppositories and it's the first one that comes up (green box). Cheap as chips and always in my medicine cupboard.

I use glycerin suppositories fairly regularly even when not pregnant, it never crossed my mind that they wouldn't be safe during pregnancy as glycerin is basically just like oil/soap and it's only in your body for a very short time (maximum 10 minutes in my case usually haha). But I did check with a pharmacist early in pregnancy and was confirmed they are fine. I've used them all the way through pregnancy with no ill effects, probably once a week on average - if you get backed up, changing your diet won't work as it's just piling on top, you need to loosen it at the bottom end haha and suppositories are so the way to go!

I get mine on Amazon (UK), I search glycerin suppositories and it's the first one that comes up (green box). Cheap as chips and always in my medicine cupboard.

I wish I had known this sooner! I have been so miserable for weeks and for the first time ever I have had hemorrhoids. I have never been so constipated in my life. It doesn't clean me out but it does help me go so thats a plus!

Thanks cews! Will get some today. Have been shovelling prunes and dulcolax down which sort of helps but I still feel uncomfortable!
Suppositories question: dotoh just shove them up there and then they work straight away? As in do I need to stay home rest of the day and be near a toilet or is it a case of getting it all out at once?! What time of day do you do them?

Thanks cews! Will get some today. Have been shovelling prunes and dulcolax down which sort of helps but I still feel uncomfortable!
Suppositories question: dotoh just shove them up there and then they work straight away? As in do I need to stay home rest of the day and be near a toilet or is it a case of getting it all out at once?! What time of day do you do them?

They work straight away! Any time of day that you need. Just push it in as far up as you can (only needs to be a fingers length) and then hold it as long as you can (this might be different for the liquid suppositories OP mentioned, I've never used those, but the normal gel ones take a minute or so to start to dissolve and if you go straight away they won't get to). Probably the longest I've ever managed to hold it is 10 minutes!

I wish I had known this sooner! I have been so miserable for weeks and for the first time ever I have had hemorrhoids. I have never been so constipated in my life. It doesn't clean me out but it does help me go so thats a plus!

Glad you've found some relief! Yeah, they're definitely best in conjunction with a diet change to help improve things generally, but they're what'll give you the instant relief you need.

I'll also just add that they also work for bad trapped gas!

I bought the liquid ones as they are ready to go and already lubricated. I did find that I had to bend over so that the liquid could easily go in but with the regular ones just use some vaseline to get it in and maybe some gloves. Also you can try Walgreens if they are closer.

Thanks ladies, bought some today so am going for it now :haha:

Well that worked quicker than expected! Think I made about 7 minutes 😂 Only thing is it hasn't really made a difference to the pain I was feeling which I thought was because of constipation but I think it must be something else! Def feel better for a clear out though 😂

Lol, glad it worked for you too!

These definitely do work! Doctor gave me them in my second trimester and immediate relief. Glad your feeling better!

I'm buying me some tonight! I've been suffering for weeks and nothing has helped so far. Thanks for the tip! Xx

I honestly have to say this is the best thing that I have read in a long time. Going out too buy some tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->