For girls using/used IVF ICSI...??

Staceiz19

Mother of 2, 1 on the way
Reaction score
Hey ,
im so new to this so you'll have to excuse me if i sound like a total idiot lol

I was just wondering how many days into your cycle does the IVF process start ?

I mean like after you've had the tests to see if your clear for HIV , rubella immune etc.. etc

Also another thing , how many injections do you have to give yourself and on what days??

Thanks xx

I started sniffing the nasal spray on day 21 of my cycle, then will start injection to stimulate ovarys on 24th Dec.

Sniffing it twice a day and injecting is once a day. Think I'll be injecting for about 10-15 days depending on my response to drugs.

Are you due to start IVF/ICSI soon?

Hi

Every clinic has a slightly different protocol. I'd get an idea from your's to make things clearer for you.

I started down reggin on cd21 too but did a long protocol so did injections for 5 weeks, then about 10 days of stims before egg collections. But I know others have done different things. Def ring them and find out how they work it.

Good luck
xx

Everyone will be different hun...

For me, I took Provera (pill form) for 5 days to induce AF, when she arrived I began a daily injection of Lucrin, which is used to stop your body ovulating. I had to have regular blood tests to see where my levels were. Then I began another injection of Puregon (FSH) - so two injections a day....Then it was blood tests and an internal scan every couple of days to watch the growth of my follicles - then when they reached the right sizes I had a "trigger injection" (HCG) (along with my daily two injections) on the day 36 hours prior to getting my eggs collected... - Then after the eggs were taken, I waited 5 days for them to grow and mature (once fertilised) and went back for my transfer, the day after my transfer I had another injection (HCG) and a few days later another injection, that was it. :)

Mind you, the needles are no where near as bad as you think, very fine and if you pinch the skin firm you barely felt anything.

Everyone will be different hun...

For me, I took Provera (pill form) for 5 days to induce AF, when she arrived I began a daily injection of Lucrin, which is used to stop your body ovulating. I had to have regular blood tests to see where my levels were. Then I began another injection of Puregon (FSH) - so two injections a day....Then it was blood tests and an internal scan every couple of days to watch the growth of my follicles - then when they reached the right sizes I had a "trigger injection" (HCG) (along with my daily two injections) on the day 36 hours prior to getting my eggs collected... - Then after the eggs were taken, I waited 5 days for them to grow and mature (once fertilised) and went back for my transfer, the day after my transfer I had another injection (HCG) and a few days later another injection, that was it. :)

Mind you, the needles are no where near as bad as you think, very fine and if you pinch the skin firm you barely felt anything.

Just wanted to say Congrats!!! And thanks for sharing!:hugs::thumbup:

hi my protocol is down reg for 2 weeks around cd21 and then 3 different injections and i tablet for 2 weeks (depending on follicle growth) and then 2 pessaries a day till BFP or BFN so about 2 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->