For Northern Ireland mums to be

Mummy_to_be87

Reaction score
In Northern Ireland hospitals, do you have your own labour and delivery room? What happens if there is none spare when you are ready to deliver? Would they make you share rooms?

Im set and planning on having a natural hypnotherapy delivery which means I need quietness and calmness...what happens if the hospital has no rooms and they make me share with someone who is squealing and screaming the room down? It will make me panic!!

Im worried right now :dohh:

Im just popping in from 2nd trimester! I will be going to the Ulster hosp! I know there they have a place where i believe they have private rooms! If they are all taken you are put in the ward, but the likelihood is that most other people in the ward will be in very early stages, or have their babies already! My sis had her first there, she said no one was screaming with pain like you see on tv! Lol! I think it's worse if you go into labour in the middle of the night as there will be more people there saying over! You can always pull the curtains round for a bit of privacy and stick in some headphones with relaxing music!

Hope someone else posts who knows a bit more! All the best!

hi i use to live in northern ireland until august. it will all depend on your hospital. i know that a midwifery led unit is to be alot calmer etc.i went to lagan valley in lisburn for my scan and its the opposite end of the labour section. it is the most relaxed place ever and extremely quite. which hospital r u with?

I attend the Royal and they are all private rooms there .. Altho I have heard on occasions of them having no rooms available for delivery and in this case they transfer you to another hospital .. Usually the Mater .. But I don't think this happens too often .. This my 4th baby being born at Royal & I have always had my own room ..

Peace & quiet on the other hand is a different ball game .. With all 3 of my previous deliverys I have heard quite a lot of noise coming from other rooms ... Other women really squeeling their heads off lol xxx

Thank you for replying :flower:

I am going to Antrim Area Hospital, I am such a worrier and want to be somewhere quiet...I should maybe look into a home birth :)

Though when I get into labour my calmness of hypnotherapy might change me into one of the squeeling women :haha:

I was induced with my dd. I was admitted onto the ward with others who had all already delivered their babies. My labour started during the night, and I was pacing up and down the corridor for ages, then hid behind the curtain! I was checked in the morning and was 4 cm so was brought to the delivery bit where I had my own room. After she came, I was moved back to the ward.

I had ds in the mw led unit in the same hospital. I was shown into a room on my own and delivered him there, I then stayed in this room until I was discharged, my hubby was allowed to stay too :)

I was in the Ulster both times.

Check out this thread

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...orthern-ireland-pregnant-due-2012-ladies.html

Some of the ladies may be using Antrim xx

i was an antrim mum but transferred to the ulster as i have my heart set on using the home from home unit and girthing in a pool iv never heard of there being no rooms available =)

i was an antrim mum but transferred to the ulster as i have my heart set on using the home from home unit and girthing in a pool iv never heard of there being no rooms available =)

Thats good news :happydance: ps did you have to move because Antrim has no birthing pool option? I was hoping to use the birthing pool too :flower:

yea pretty much and all my family and friends have birthed in ulster its facilites are lovely =)

I was at the Ulster and was moved to the Royal cus of my history and having epilepsy and a problem pregnancy, really wanted to use the home from hone at the Ulster, ah well! The Royal only have 2 pools so one better be free wen I get there! Im also paying for a private room for after delivery cus I dont wana go onto a ward where people are waking at all hours and fussing about etc!

I'm giving birth at Lagan Valley - it's a lovely and peaceful unit and only has four rooms, so is very quiet. You stay in your own room from when you go into hospital until you leave, and your partner can stay with you the whole time too. They also have birthing pools. Can't wait!

I had my first LO at the mater and will be having my 2nd there too. When in labour I had my own room, but I will be honest and say that at the start I could hear the girl next door being a bit vocal! Once you're in full labour though you don't even notice anything xxx

How are you feeling lauzie with only a few weeks to go? I'm getting to that stage now where I'm worrying if it might just happen at any time!!

I am pooping myself now! Every wee twinge or ache or pain I feel I think thats it started! Really beginning to feel uncomfortable now. Hoping that I go early. How are you? xxx

Me too! My husband panics every time I make a noise :haha: . I still have another week at work, and would like a week at home to relax and catch up on some sleep, so I'm hoping to make it to at least 39 weeks! Hope you don't have to wait too long :hugs:

im so excited!!!! i cant wait to go into labour! i dont reckon il get to my date, but well see!

Me too! My husband panics every time I make a noise :haha: . I still have another week at work, and would like a week at home to relax and catch up on some sleep, so I'm hoping to make it to at least 39 weeks! Hope you don't have to wait too long :hugs:

You too honey :hugs: I'm happy for this little lady to make an appearance any time after 37 weeks. I'm off on maternity now, so lets get this show on the road! lol! Where are you having your LO again? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->