For the attention of US BnB'ers - help!

Torianna

Reaction score
Sorry, this isnt pregnancy related but i need some help from any of you who are in America, especially the Orlando area.

I was married in Orlando in 2004 and have just discovered my solicitor has thrown my marriage certificate away not knowing it was the (only) original - does anyone know how to go about getting a replacement? I have no idea who to contact and looking online i've not been sucessful :S

Thanks in advance, sorry for the non pregnancy related post x

Register of deeds in your local courthouse should have a copy?

I'm with her. Go to the courthouse in the county that you were married in. They should've gotten a copy. Good luck hun!

Thanks girls, I should have mentioned we're in the UK so I dont know what to do, I dont recall the location of the court house, we were taken there by our wedding co ordinator. I've emailed the co ordinator to ask what we need to do, but as yet no reply.

Knowing the rubbish luck we've had lately it'll be a case that we have to go there in person to get another issued (Um, no money for a trip to florida, no time, bit pregnant to be sitting on a plane for 9 hours - oh and I shouldnt bloody have to!)

Stupid solicitor, I gave the certificate to my mum to take to the solicitor to save worrying about it getting lost in the post, it never occurred to me this woman would be so incompetant as to bin it.

I hate people sometimes...:hissy:

Torianna - we're in the UK as well and were married in Orlando. We went to the Osceola County Courthouse for our licence. Another possible route is to conact your officiant, he may have a copy of your licence (although this is probably unlikely). There is another courthouse - I think it's Orange County but not 100% sure.

Your coordinator should be able to tell you the courthouse they usually use, hopefully they'll get back to you soon. If not, just phone them, I remember how inundated with work our co-ordinator was and sometimes they were just snowed under and it's probably a really quick question for them ... they just haven't gotten round to answering it yet.

If all else fails, look up the location of the nearest courthouse to your wedding location and give them a call. I'm sure this isn't the first time someone has lost their certificate and I bet they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Good Luck and PM me if I can help!

Sorry all, I'm not having a good week and today this has finished me off. Having a strop wasn't the best way of dealing with it, but in my defence, I've been awake since 3.30 and have spent the day writing 5000 words on paedophilia for my degree - such subject matter doesnt tend to put me in a good mood! Thank goodness this is the last piece of coursework i have to do.

I've had a reply from our officiant, apparently I need to contact Orange county, at least i have a starting point now.

Thanks and sorry again xx

Can you not insist that your useless solicitor makes all the international phonecalls and sorts out a copy for you?! It's not your mistake to be sorting out! Hope you manage to find the right place soon though :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->