For those due around Christmas time... Question for ya!

amanda111308

Mama to 3 boys
Reaction score
Ok so I am not due technically until Jan 5th officially but both my doctor and I realize the very real possibility I will have this baby early like I did with my son due to blood pressure issues. (Induced at 37+4 and born on 38 weeks exactly)

So my question is when are you decorating for the holidays? I am planning to decorate probably early/mid November so I can enjoy it longer without a newborn to have all of my attention on as well as getting it all done before I am huge and exhausted all the time lol. Some people view decorating before remembrance day to be rude and disrespectful, however I am from a family of men who fought in both world wars and no one in our family sees this as disrespectful simply because we choose to honour our troops and fallen heroes everyday of the year as opposed to one single day of the year... Anyways don't want to start a riot I just want to know when everyone else plans to decorate 😊

Thoughts?

Hi there, I had my dd last year (Dec 10) and to be honest, I didn't go all out for the holidays like I usually do. I just put up our small Christmas tree and wreath on the front door in late November (the weekend after Thanksgiving here in the US)

I'm due xmas day and plan to do it end nov/first week dec.x

I'm due December 31st with baby measuring 1 week ahead, (I know it doesn't mean much, but that still makes me nervous!)
My DH is in charge of decorating this year! My DD was only 3 months old last Christmas so I really want her to have all the "bells and whistles" this year since it is very unlikely she remembers anything from last year.

I would say go ahead and enjoy the holidays to the fullest and don't worry about when baby might show up! That's what I plan on doing and I'm hoping it makes the time go by faster until LO decides to appear!

We're keeping Christmas simple this year, but I did tell DH that the next day off he has after Thanksgiving is when we're getting our tree up.

I finally have my elcs date set for Dec 12. :happydance: We will be putting up our tree Nov 28, day after Thanksgiving or so called black Friday.

We usually put ours up the first weekend in December. I'm not due until Jan 22nd but have a feeling he'll arrive early

Im all for do it when you want.

I was due 4th dec in 09 we put tree up end of nov, she arrived 13th it was nice it was all done.

Am due 9th Dec so decorations are going up on the week of the 1st. It's going to be fairly low key this year, just a tree, garland around the fireplace, candles and pine cones in the fireplace and a few ornaments about. Don't intend to do the lights in the kitchen or the garlands around the tops of the cupboards but lights will go up outside for DD.

Love this thread!

I'm due 27th dec but I never thought about enjoying it for a little longer, I would usually put my tree etc up on 1st December but I think this year will be towards end of November.

Glad you made this thread, I never thought of it in this way :)

I love Christmas!!! :xmas8: :xmas9:

I'm due dec 6th. I'm in process of getting all presents and food sorted. I don't think we'll put up decs early. I don't like them everywhere really tbh so it'lol prob be activity to get done once dd has finished school and she and oh can get tree up.

I'm due between December 31st-January 4th. So I'll be decorating a few days after thanksgiving. I love Xmas so I wanna enjoy as much of it with my ds who will 6 before the baby comes.

Ha! I'm due Jan 5 but doc doesn't want me to go past 39 weeks (Dec 30). Both my boys were early 37&38weeks. I have ALWAYS decorated early! And plan to do so this year too. I'll start on November 1st! The day after Halloween!! I'll keep it pretty simple until after thanksgiving but my tree will be up on move 1st cause I don't want to be too big or in labor while decorating!!

I am obssessed with Christmas, so I decorate as early as possible. And when I say possible, I mean the day after Thanksgiving, because hubby won't let me do it before :( It makes me sad because the day after Thanksgiving is Nov. 28th, so that's barely over a month that I get to enjoy my decorations! I am due 12/22, but thinking she will be a bit early. I already told hubby he has the fun job of bringing all the storage downstairs for me :p So he better just suck it up.

I started my gift Christmas shopping last weekend and I can't wait to start wrapping presents and preparing my holiday menus!

I know it's ridiculous early to be excited for Christmas already but I can't help it! Lol Christmas is incredibly important to my family, we have always gone overboard consistently every year! And because this year marks a big growth in our family I want to make it extra special without adding too much stress upon the biggest days of the season. I am not going to publicize my decorating early on facebook though because I'm sure I'll be told I need to tone it down! Lol

We are crazy on Christmas too, I've already started my Christmas shopping as I need to be organised this year.

I'm really looking forward to decorating the house and getting all the Christmassy food and drink, I love that bit :)

I love Christmas too.
My tree always goes up first weekend in Dec,dh thinks it should be later.
My presents got wrapped last week and dh has put them in the loft.
Just started to think about pre ordering food xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->