For those ladies who used their own birthing pool...

Vee_Bee

Proud mum of two boys :-)
Reaction score
(Also posted in Baby Club just in case!)

I'm thinking of buying a pool for my (hopefully) home birth in a few weeks, but it seems a bit of a minefield when it comes to what extras/accessories/additional items you need.

I'm deciding between a La Bassine Made In Water pool and a Pool in a Box.

For those of you who used one of these, what in your opinion is vital to have (e.g electric/hand pump to inflate/deflate, pump to empty the pool, cover to keep the heat in, hose, tap connectors etc) and what automatically comes with the pool when you buy it?

I've been looking on eBay but the additional bits that come with these pools seems to differ with every seller!! It's blowing my poor mind!!

Thanks in advance...

I haven't used it yet but I bought the la bassine pool with all the accessories for £99. I would say that having the electric pumps for filling the pool with air and the water pump for emptying the water out is not strictly essential but its a lovely thing to have because it took about 5 minutes to fill up with air with the electric pump! No idea how long it would take by foot pump but definitely a job for the other half!

Having blow it up and got in its a lovely comfortable and relaxing place to be, can't wait to use it on the day provided my baby turns from breech!

(Also posted in Baby Club just in case!)

I'm thinking of buying a pool for my (hopefully) home birth in a few weeks, but it seems a bit of a minefield when it comes to what extras/accessories/additional items you need.

I'm deciding between a La Bassine Made In Water pool and a Pool in a Box.

For those of you who used one of these, what in your opinion is vital to have (e.g electric/hand pump to inflate/deflate, pump to empty the pool, cover to keep the heat in, hose, tap connectors etc) and what automatically comes with the pool when you buy it?

I've been looking on eBay but the additional bits that come with these pools seems to differ with every seller!! It's blowing my poor mind!!

Thanks in advance...

we bought the birth pool in a box with the extra kit including everything you mentioned. the only thing we didn't need was the cover to keep the heat in b/c we got the bigger pool and it stayed warm enough for several hours. we needed the tap connector, the electric hand pump was probably essential or it would take for ever otherwise, the pump to empty the pool was good for the midwives to take care of clean up - you just want to make things as easy as possible.

good luck! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"