For those of us having C-Sections :)

Ashersmomma

Reaction score
My cousin posted this on Facebook earlier, and I absolutely love it! I figured I would share it with all of you :) https://www.huffingtonpost.com/kim-...al-births-are-exactly-the-same_b_5863204.html

That's amazing. I'm currently drugged up after a section this morning with leaky nipples, a pad between my legs and a burning pain in my everything missing my boy like crazy as he's in special care without me but this is so so true. Thanks for posting.

Love it! My daughter was an emergency c section and this one will probably be a planned one and you get sick of people saying how lucky you are to have not had to push them out. How you get your baby here has no relevance, the fact that they're here at all is what matters!

^ exactly theres nothing easy about having csection esp a emergency one where you thought you would never need had dreamt about that dream birth and dh got to cut the cord, skin to skin the list goes on, my sil thinks oh you had a horrible time in labour yes I did and I was traumatised but I have my son who almost died if I didn't have a csection, which is better for baby?carry on with the birth that I wanted or get him out safely and make sure hes healthy?i know which one id pick in a heartbeat and its not what I thought id ever have to pick

That's amazing. I'm currently drugged up after a section this morning with leaky nipples, a pad between my legs and a burning pain in my everything missing my boy like crazy as he's in special care without me but this is so so true. Thanks for posting.

have a healthy recovery and congrats on your baby boy hope you are both home soon :)

That actually made me cry! I am coming to terms with the fact the natural twin birth i had planned is slipping away due to position and complications and a C-section is looking very likely... Not what i wanted at all due to the recovery time but so long as my boys get here healthy i will do whatever is needed x

Great article :) I am going to have to post on FB as well :haha:

Dee

I read this earlier and it made me feel so much happier about needing to decide between a vbac and an elcs after my premature daughter arrived via EMCS. Such a lovely read xxx

Thank you for posting this. I'm having a planned section in January after the emergency section of my son two years ago, and I'm constantly finding myself coming up against judgemental people. Even my own midwife, who quipped: 'So did you just not fancy trying for a natural birth again then…?' :dohh: No, I'm choosing to put myself through a serious operation just for the fun of it I suppose!

Even the term 'elective' section irritates me. I'm having a planned section for a vast variety of reasons and wouldn't willingly put myself through it without having weighed all my options seriously. People also seem to forget that VBACs also carry risk, particularly with pregnancies close together, as mine are.

So yes OP, thanks for posting this, its great to read!:thumbup:

I had a c-section with my daughter after a touch 26 hour labor then to find out she was just too big. My doctor wants me to try natural this time, but I am a little nervous about that. This baby is already measuring big.

Love this! My son was born by emcs and this one is going to be an elective and one of my friends keeps saying "id never have a csection", excuse me but i didnt have a choice! This time id rather the elective as my first labour was awful, failure to progress and baby was stuck as he was back to back and i have a small pelvis!

I'm glad everyone has liked it :) I know I had a lot of negativity from people towards my first c-section(but also had a lot of support from family!) and wish I'd found something like this to share with people back then.

:cry: Laying here with my 6 day old daughter on my chest all teary eyed reading that link. I wasn't ashamed to have an elcs this time after an emcs with my son. But I guess I didn't realize how much it would mean to be validated like that article did, that the method of birth doesn't matter. It doesn't make you less than anyone else. Though I will say I hate the mesh panties and huge pads. I switched to depends when I got home. Much more comfy and no leaks. :blush:

I'm in the same position as you Shells. My twins are both transverse, so if they haven't turned by my scan next week (whic sadly I feel is very unlikely due to the fact they've stayed in the same position since 16 weeks) then I'll be booked for a c-section. Also I have GD, which makes things even more complicated. I'm not going to lie I want to have them vaginally so much. Not because of bonding or giving birth 'properly' or any of that crap, but because I'm shit scared of being cut open! X

I'm in the same position as you Shells. My twins are both transverse, so if they haven't turned by my scan next week (whic sadly I feel is very unlikely due to the fact they've stayed in the same position since 16 weeks) then I'll be booked for a c-section. Also I have GD, which makes things even more complicated. I'm not going to lie I want to have them vaginally so much. Not because of bonding or giving birth 'properly' or any of that crap, but because I'm shit scared of being cut open! X

I've had B turn from transverse to head down sometime over the last 2 days - such a shame it's not A! But i'm hanging onto the hope that if B can still turn (he is the one with all the fluid though) hopefully either A moves up and out the way or he flips round. i'm not scared of the C-section, it's the recovery time afterwards with only help for 2 weeks afterwards that scares me x

If you do have to have a section shells, I think you'll be surprised by how 'well' you are after two weeks, provided you don't have any complications. You should be able to move around but, to be fair, feeding twins, you're likely to be spending A LOT of time sitting down for a while anyway! I had an emergency section and was ok by myself by the time hubby went back to work at two weeks and I'm led to believe the recovery is a bit easier if it's an elective section x

If you do have to have a section shells, I think you'll be surprised by how 'well' you are after two weeks, provided you don't have any complications. You should be able to move around but, to be fair, feeding twins, you're likely to be spending A LOT of time sitting down for a while anyway! I had an emergency section and was ok by myself by the time hubby went back to work at two weeks and I'm led to believe the recovery is a bit easier if it's an elective section x

I hope your right, i just knwo it took me 3 weeks to recover from lap surgery (with infection) and it was horrific, i can't imagine try to care for twins and being that incapacitated :wacko:

I had one too and I was fine b the time baby was 10 days old and dh went back to work although I couldn't drive for 6 weeks I drove at 5 because I felt fine and want sore anymore, I hear its easier 2nd time around too although I have a 2 year old this time so im kinda dreading the recovery a bit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->