For those of you into making your child's clothes

Rato

Reaction score
I have found a wonderful website showing how to make a variety of clothes, from pants to shirts and skirts.
It has saved me so much money so far. I have made my daughter shirts and pants that have cost very little to make, and I suppose its fun to make as well.

the website is: www.danamadeit.com

I'm sure there's more out there but this is the one that has helped me the most. It's got tutorial and a free pant pattern for toddlers.

I hope I'm not alone in this sewing madness!

xx:happydance:

Thanks for sharing! I've been thinking of buying a sewing machine :) I currently knit and crochet some clothes for dc, but would like to try sewing x

Thanks for sharing! I've been thinking of buying a sewing machine :) I currently knit and crochet some clothes for dc, but would like to try sewing x

You should! It's fun and it can save you a considerable amount of money in the long run. I've made pants (trousers), shirts, overalls etc. for my daughter that cost so little in comparison to what we are charged in the shops.
You just have to know where to buy the (good quality) materials for the right price and you'll be fine!
Also there's a lot more websites out there with tutorials, as well as youtube.

I bought my sewing machine for 120 GBP (around 170 USD) but you can get a 2nd hand one which is equally as good. Singer seems to be the best make. I got a Brother but I'm thinking of upgrading in a few years time if I'm still enjoying it.

The only thing is that it can be time consuming until you know what you are doing (then you'll do it much faster) but it's very fulfilling and you can add whatever bits and bobs you want to it.

I just wish I had more time to make stuff for my daughter.

xx

I love making things for my daughter. I have knitted her some hats and mittens for the winter and when I was pregnant I made all of her bedding, several fleece blankets, a swaddle pod, a ring sling and a mei tei.

Since having her the sewing machine has a lovely layer of dust on top so really need to get back on it.

Allfreesewing.com is great they collate tutorials from all over the web.

Thank you! I will check out that website asap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->