For those of you that have a tumble drier...

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
My lovely friend had a house fire a couple of weeks ago..

She nipped out to do the school run and when she got home her house was in flames. She had left the dryer on and her kitchen and living room are ruined and the rest of her house is badly smoke damaged.

She cleaned her filter before each use. The fire was caused because fluff had somehow managed to get around the drum.

I just want to warn people not to leave their tumble dryers on when you go out or go to bed. I'd hate for this to happen to anyone else.

Thanks for the warning hun, glad no one was hurt :hugs:

Thanks for the warning. Hope your friend is insured.

sorry about your friend :(! glad nobody got hurt

Yes she is insured thank god but she doesn't know if she will be home for Christmas :( I feel so awful for her x

Thanks for the warning,I must admit I don't clean the fluff filter as often as I should and always go to bed/out with the tumble dryer on. Will definitely be more cautious in future.

Your poor friend how awful :( hope she's ok

Bloody hell! I'll be getting the hoover in mine then because the fluff filter is rubbish, it's always getting trapped under the drum :wacko:

Thank you for this post, I normally think nothing of leaving the house or going to bed and setting the dryer for a couple of hours.

There's been a few times I've thrown a load of clothes in the drier and gone out. I definately won't be doing it again. My friend is fine thank you just stressed and hoping to be home for Christmas. She's living in a hotel at the moment x

Your poor friend :(
I've heard of this happening before, it happened to a work colleague but can't remember if
It was a tumble dryer or a dish washer. I'm terrible for going out and leaving it on. I'm definitely not going to be doing that now

Wow, that's awful. Scary how so easy it could happen.

Thanks for the warning, I'm guilty of leaving mine on when I go out through the day but won't from now on x

This happened with a friend of mine and her dishwasher...! My tumble dryer lives in the shed which is fortunate as it tends to run after we're all in bed...!

That's terrible

I had a tumble dryer, was three yrs old and one day the burning smell was so bad I'd hate to think what could have happened

Oh man your poor friend! Glad she as OK and I hope she's back home soon. This happened with our washing machine when I was a kid, we were all asleep in bed and the dog woke my mum up to alert her, very scary! Even so I am guilty of leaving the washing machine on and going out :dohh:. This thread will make me think twice before doing it again!

Goodness your poor friend.

I never leave my dryer in when I'm not in but I'm just curious how everyone cleans their filter?!

Whenever I take mine out there's still quite a lot of fluff in the sectioned where the filter goes?

Goodness your poor friend.

I never leave my dryer in when I'm not in but I'm just curious how everyone cleans their filter?!

Whenever I take mine out there's still quite a lot of fluff in the sectioned where the filter goes?

Hoover!

I really hope that doesn't happen to us, our tumble drier is on a different floor :(

Scary! A photo popped up on my Facebook newsfeed recently, of a tumble drier in flames in the garden. The mama had managed to drag it out of her house.

Wow scary! Do you mean the plastic bit you remove and take the fluff out of is it fluff that's went under that? :wacko: Our tumble drier sits behind our front door and if it caught on fire while we were in bed it would cut off all exits from the house other than the bedroom windows scary thought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->