for those of you that have had a bleed, how long?

pegi

Reaction score
hi ladies i just wondered for those of you that have had a bleed and still gone on to have succseful pregnancies, how long did your bleed last? was it continual or did it come and go? was it always bright red or did it go brown aswell? also how far along were you when it happened? sorry for all the questions i'm just trying to reassure myself.

I spotted around the time my period was due. Then on and off until 8 weeks. Sometimes I had brown, pink and red. It wasn't very heavy although I needed to change a panty liner a few times when it was red. Had a scan at around 8ish weeks which showed a healthy happy baby.
Hope all goes ok for you xx

I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage at 5w3d, and one day later I had a pretty big bleed. I bled for a few minutes - nothing that filled a pad or anything, but it was bright red and teeny tiny clots. I then spotted consistently for the following 2-2.5 weeks. And just had my scan yesterday and my doctor could barely find any remnants of the hemorrhage! So it looks like its either healing, or it healed up. I haven't spotted in about a week now. But I've been taking it easy: no sex, no exercise, no walking around more than I need to, no heavy lifting, no going up/down stairs (well I really try to avoid it), etc.

My doctor said I'm free to resume normal pregnancy restricted activities (no contact sports or any activity that involves heavy lifting or unstable ground). :)

Best of luck! Two doctors that I saw said that unless I'm soaking 2-3 pads an hour and passing clots the size of my hand, then its just "normal" bleeding from the hemorrhage.

Hi hon

With both mine I had on off bleeding throughout, I now have a 4yo and15month old boy and girl and preg with 3 xox it can happen and is scary but stay positive xxxx

thank you so much for your replies this really does give me some comfort x

I had fairly heavy red bleeding with quarter sized clots at 14 weeks for about a week. Had gone to emergency on the first day and saw a very happy wiggling baby so was less stressed the rest of the time but it is hard.

With DD I had a bleed at 7/9/10 weeks which was like 1 little blob. With this one I had bleeding all day at 6 weeks but was only just the once. And my DD and this baby is fine xx

I had spotting in week 4, nothing in week 5 and then bled from 6 weeks onwards. Initially the bleed was very red but came in gushes rather than continuously. Gradually it got lighter, browner and less frequent. My bleeding is caused by a second empty sac that has a clot around it. I'm certain if that second sac had been the only pregnancy I'd have just had a miscarriage at 6 weeks.

I started bleeding right at 12 weeks bright red for several hours. It darkened and turned brown and that lasted about a week. Nothing since then and still have a very wiggly princess on board.

thank you all so much for your replies, it seems to have stopped again now its just so scarey but being seeing baby yesterday and its little heart beating away was amazing and has made me feel slightly better. its the thing of there should be no blood during pregnancy thats drilled into us and then when it happens its horrible and i think because ive suffered previous losses its terrifying

I had brown spotting that turned pink for a day and then back to brown around 4 weeks. It lasted about 5 days total if I recall. Hoping yours is nothing to worry about. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->