For those of you who know when your mom delivered with her first...

june2013

Reaction score
was it similar to when you did with your first?

I have been told that going into labour early or late is somewhat genetic and therefore you will follow a similar pattern to your mother. I'm wondering if there is any truth to this. I know people who have gone very overdue and they told me they expected it as their moms had also gone very overdue.

My mom went into labour with my older sister (her first child) 2 days early. That gave me hope that I would be early or on time with this one. I'm now at 40+3 and have absolutely no signs of impending labour at all! I'm starting to lose hope that this little one will come anytime soon.

My mum had me 3 days early my bro 3 weeks early my other brothers were two days late and I had DS at 40+6 - its really down tonwhen baby is ready x

I had my daughter 10-days late, her son came at 37 weeks 2 days...no telling when this LO will make her appearance!!

I'll be interested in this - my Mum was between 1 and 2 weeks late with both me and my sister. But my pregnancy so far has been very different to hers, she had no morning sickness, put on huge amounts of weight etc so I think I got a lot of my genes from my Dads side!

Mum also smoked and drank through her pregnancies (she cut down on smoking but didn't quit and my Dad always chain smoked) so I suspect that could have had an impact.

My son was 8 days late and my mums only child (me) was 10 days late.

I really think there is something too this. I'm not sure it's entirely genetic, but also cultural. You learn a lot about pregnancy and birth from your mother growing up and I can't help but think it subconsciously affects what we expect of our own pregnancy and birth experiences. The mind is a very powerful thing and if you believe something enough, it can influence what your body does.

My pregnancy and birth was pretty much identical to my mum's (I'm an only child). Pregnancy was easy, hardly any morning sickness, both stayed pretty active. Our waters broke first with no contractions at almost the same time in the middle of the night. And our babies were born exactly 12 hours later with no need for pain relief. I always believed because of how my mum described my birth that birth would be easy and it was. I'm not sure it has as much to do with physiology, but I think there is something to experiences of birth being passed down generationally.

We also both had babies on the earlier side. I was around 38 weeks and my daughter arrived at 37 + 5.

That's really interesting mind utopia!
Mine and my mms experiences were totally diff though, she had very quick labour with a really bad tear on her back in hospital, I weighed 6.13 but I had a nice 37 hour homebirth with no tears and a 9.7 baby!
I thought the weights would be more similar x

I hope so! My mum was 1 day early with me and 1 day late with my sister!

We have had pretty similar pregnancies, she didn't really get morning sickness, I was breech till 37 weeks, we both craved ice... and she too only gained weight on her bump!

My mum had me at 40+7 and I was 8lbs, I had my daughter at 40+3 but was induced, I'm sure if I hadn't been she would have stayed put much longer! She was 8lb 5.5oz.

My brother was an induction at 40+14 and was 9lb 14oz! I really hope I don't follow that trend! :rofl:

All 3 siblings were a week late.

Both my girls were also a week late

Though my mum had 4 babies that weighed less then 7lbs and she needed ALOT of stitches with all of us.

Mine have been 8lb14, 9lb1 and ive never had a tear (touch wood lol) so i think its mostly down to coincidence if things are similiar

My sisters and I were all born at 37 weeks-ish, my sister just had her first and went 9 days over. I'll have to wait and see what happens with mine.

My mom delivered both myself and my brother nearly 3 weeks early. I went over with number 1 and had a planned CS. Was convinced it was the only way to get him out!

My mom is also very petite and she told me there was zero room left and out was the only option for both of us. :haha:

My mom had me (her oldest) and my brothers 2 weeks early my girls were both over due but we both labored really fast

Back in the olden days when me and my sister were born (late 60's and early 70's ;) ), my mother went overdue on both of us - my sister was 4 weeks late and I was 6 weeks late (definitely a practice which they don't follow now)

I was 40+5 with my son - I think he only held on so he could be the oldest at school. This one, they are expecting me to be early due to her size but will have to wait and see.

I think on my husband's side, both him and his sister were on time or late, however my one nephew was born at 35 weeks and the other at 41 weeks.

Not sure whether when your mom delivered has any bearing on when you will deliver but I may be wrong :)

well I was my moms first...and I was about a month late (I was an accident and she was like 18/19..she also had periods the first few months with me too) so they thought she might have her dates mixed up and they let her go way over what they ever would nowadays lol...so I was 9lbs 10 & 1/2oz...I was a short 8 hour labor but she almost bled to death because I was soo freaking huge and she was so small then and I had to be vacuumed..forcepped and the nurse had to get behind her and push on her belly to get me out haha lol...

With my LO I was almost 41 weeks and ended up emergency c-section because she was stuck with her shoulder at my hip bone and her cord was in a knot but she was only 8lbs5oz....

our going into labor was the same though..I had a horrible gas pain the night before that never went away...and then lower back ache when I woke up the next morning and then contractions started mid-day and my mom said she knew she was in labor with pretty much the exact same signs lol

With my sister my mom was 17 days late and 21 days late with me. I was induced at 41 weeks with dd1. We both gained similar amounts of weight during pregnancy as well.

I hope not. My sis and I were both born 1 month early (she forgets exactly how many weeks) and about 4 1/2 lbs each.

My mom had me within one day of her due date, and I had my first 10 days before my due date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->