For those of you who know when your mom delivered with her first...

My brother was born about 2 weeks early (he almost was born 2 1/2 months early but they were able to keep him in). He was about a ten hour labor. And then for me, I was born 3 weeks early and my mom thought she may not make it to the hospital. As soon as she was at the hospital I was delivered more or less. In total my mom said I was only about a two hour labor if that.

I wont know for another 2 months roughly if this little girl will be early or not. According to my doctor I have a 'long cervix' and he would be shocked if I go before my due date. My cervix was longer than average even. The way I look at it, this little cub will come when she wants to.

Not one thing about my mom's labor mirrored my labor with my last 2. I don't think things like that are genetic. My dad doesn't know about his moms labor because he was raised by grandparents but his poor grandmother had such trouble they asked her to have a hysterectomy (1930's in a rural place in Michigan) my mom had small babies, I was 6lbs 7oz and my brothers were around the same. When I had dd1she was 7lbs 6 oz and my mom was like wow she is BIG(my second was 8lbs 5oz) mom had us early, broke her water on her own , I went late with dd1 and was induced with dd2 too.

Not for us. My mum was 2 weeks late with her first and she was induced as my brother just wouldnt evacuate. She really didn't want to be induced and left as late as she could. I was her second and came bang on my due date :) My first was about on time. (3days early according to scan 3 days late according to lmp) xx

Hmm so it seems like it might not have much of an influence on when you will deliver as I had imagined. Someone also told me today that the way they calculated due dates 20-30 years ago differs from how they do it now, so it's not really comparable.

I was my mother's first and I went 2 weeks late. Then during delivery, I got lodged in the birth canal, and she had to have an emergency C-Section (and this was back in 1974 where they still did the cuts up-down instead of how they do it today). She suspects she had GD with me, but she was never tested for it or put on insulin, etc. But growing up hearing about all the symptoms she had while carrying me really makes me agree with her that she probably had it with me.

My first was also by Section, but they did not let me go late, I was induced a week before my due date due to GD and High Blood Pressure, and ended up having to have a section for medical reasons (but not because she was lodged or anything like that). Doctor said all signs were pointing to my DD staying at least past my due date, so I would probably have gone over like my mother did with me.

My mom had me at 38 weeks, my brother at 40 weeks and my youngest brother was 5 weeks early. We will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->