For those of you who live with parents...

Blondie91

Reaction score
I know it's maybe a stupid question, but how is your relationship with your baby compared to your parents relationship with them ? I guess Im just afraid my son wont realize Im his mommy, or love my parents more..or something like that! Everytime they hold him he's always staring into their eyes, but he doesnt really do that with me yet! :(

My son definately knows the difference between my mom and I and my OH and my dad. He calls me mama and my mom mimi. When he wants something or its time for bed he calls for me and when he gets in trouble he runs to my mom :haha:. Just make sure you are doing the parenting and taking care of him and he will know your his mama:hugs:

Myles is still young but little things he does makes me realize he knows who his mommy is :haha: But I guess I never really thought of this because my parents are usually out :shrug: and even when they are home I still find Im spenting like.. 95% of the time with him lol

Aiden is really close with my mom and always has been. But even though he's really close to her, he's still very close to me and he definitely knows I'm his mom.

We lived with my parents until Elyse was 15 months (so we moved out about 15 months ago lol)... and she still goes to my mom's usually for a couple of hours when I go to work before OH gets home.

She definitely favours my parents over her other grandparents... and she LOVES going there... but she knows the difference between her parents & grandparents, she knows she belongs home with us... my parents buy her things and let her have her way a lot whereas I *can* do that but as a parent I also have to put my foot down at times- then she usually gets pissed off and says she wants to go to grandma's (once she stops crying)... which is extremely frustrating for me... but I understand why! :dohh:

When she was an infant, my mom might have watched her when I needed to take a shower or so that I could eat dinner, but I (obviously) did most of her diapers, baths, bedtimes, feeds... I coslept, etc.. she definitely had a closer bond with me as a baby than she did with my mom, but she was still close with her iykwim.

My LO is almost 4 months and I'm scared this will happen. But whenever I'm out with family and she cries they hand her to me and they all say that she knows her mommy has her. I know that I shouldn't be so scared but it does wander in my mind once in awhile.

He definitely knows, he always has a massive smile on his face when I walk in the room and settles a lot more quickly with me. Probably from it just being the two of us all day.

Adam definitely knows I'm his mammy. Even though there is someone always around he's a mammies boy for sure... We're very close and I get a good morning and a good night kiss off him every day where no one else does.. Not even his father!

I've been really stubborn until recently, never let anyone else have her ever :wacko: But since she's been at nursery and I'm back at college, I let my mom and sisters take her every-so-often.

Not sure if it's a combination of being with me constantly from birth to seven months, co-sleeping and breastfeeding, but she definitely knows who I am :thumbup:

She still gets REALLY excited to see my mom when she comes back from work. It doesn't bother me at all though :flower:

Don't worry, your LO will know who his mommy is! My LO has never gotten confused. I love living with my parents though, they help me out a lot. Also, it's good for him because he doesn't just see me everyday!

honestly this my biggest fear.. to the point I moved out 10 days before he was born because I didn't want him to think my mom was his mom..and I didn't want my mom to feel like quin was hers!
in the end I wish I stayed at home for the extra help

but we go to my parents house every weekend and normally sleeping over a few times a month.. my son still favors my mom :haha: over me! when I tell him grandma is coming he dances around the house and gets so excited to see her...Im really happy that my son and my mom have such a good relationship because I never had grandparents. So all my worrying was for nothing.. my son knows who hes mom isand only wants me when he is hurt..but just is a grandma's boy

My baby definitely prefers me over anyone else. Although she has a great relationship with my mom, literally lights up whenever she sees her, she knows who her mommy is. Yours will learn as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->