for those of you who weaned due to reflux...

redberry3

Love My Little Peek <3
Reaction score
When did you notice a difference?

We have been on rice cereal for almost a month now, this week we have moved onto oats mixed with rice cereal and yesterday just started sweet potatoes, however, he is still spitting up quite a bit....

I have started to not care aout the spit up but it would be nice to know when there could be an end in site.

:hug:

eventually hun but it wasnt instant... so it may well have been more to do with maturity rather than solids!! It was better but not non-existant... we still get sicky episodes now :) but its much better :hugs: its hard i know :hugs:

Hi honey, I weaned Alex because of reflux, but also started him on Gaviscon at the same time so I'm not entirely sure which has helped him the most. We're 4 weeks into weaning now and alex has 3 meals a day (breakfast of banana and fruit puree, lunch and dinner of various vegetables). He stopped being sick as much about 1 week in. I'm guessing hte weaning makes a difference with his sick because when we ran out of Gaviscon a coule of weeks ago he didn't have much problem with the sick - but he did start having choking fits again.

Sorry this probably doesn't make much sense. Is your Alexander on Gaviscon as well? You might find the reflux improves when he starts taking more solids, Alex eats a full banana's worth of puree and then probably about 4 tablespoons worht of food at each meal.

We have not done any meds for the reflux, just went onto thickened formula which never helped. if you remember my prego journal I am so scared of medication that I steer clear, and because Alexander isn't uncomfortable when he gets sick I never thought it was that much of a problems. :hugs:

This morning was the biggest feed yet, he had 2 tbsp of rice and oat cereal mixed with 1 tbsp of sweet potato....haha veggies in the morning!!! and he then had a 5 oz bottles and barely any spit up.

Think i should do a veggies lunch with a bottle? I am only doing cereal with veggies in the morning and at night.

That sounds better honey. I upped Alex's meals each week. So started with lunch the first week, then added in the breakfast the next and a tea time feed on the 3rd week. I guess you can judge whether he's hungry enough to take a 3rd meal? I started Alex on them because he would cry for his next feed a good hour before it was due and wouldn't be satisfied with just the milk.

Hope his reflux gets better soon honey :hugs: It sounds like it might be starting to clear up xx

Weaning didn't help Elliot's reflux, he'd keep some food down but still sick up the milk!

With time things should improve as his body developes/matures.

keely.x

Tbh i agree with Kerry, i think a portion of it has to do with maturity of their digestive systems rather than the actual weaning itself.

I must say i noticed it get quite a bit better once we were on 2/3 meals a day

well ladies we are doing two feedings of cereal in the morning and night with veggie of the week right now (slowly introducing one at a time) and one serving of veggie at lunch.

we will see how it goes! :hugs: thanks for all your help!

Good luck honey - loving your avatar - he's such a cutie pie xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->