For those that had growth scans at 34/35 weeks

MrsLQ

3 boys and a cat <3
Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Congratulations on your little bundles of joy. I was just wondering for those that had growth scans at 34/35 weeks. How much was your estimate, how many weeks were you when you delivered and how much was baby, please state if you were induced or had early c section.

Thank you x

I had a growth scan at 34 weeks with my last DD and they estimated she would be 8.5-9lbs at term. I had her at 38 weeks exactly and she was 10lb - glad I didn't go to term! :0)
Are you having a growth scan?

I have had a froth scan and am estimated to be 5lb 7oz, they have estimated about 7-8.5lb if baby goes full term.

also thank you for responding x

My last growth scan at 35w they were measured at 5lb4oz and 4lb15oz. I had them with a scheduled c-section at 37w and they were 6lb10oz and 6lb.

I had my 35 weeks scan yesterday and baby was 6.5 lbs.. they say is going to be a big baby.

With my son I had a scan at 24 weeks, was estimated 6lb8 at that point. He was born at 39 weeks weighing 9lb7.

I had regular scans then at 38weeks went in with reduced fetal movement. Got scanned about 11.30am and got told i would be lucky if he was 4lbs. He was born via crash section at 2pm and weighed 6lbs 8. Try not worry too much as they are only estimates and seem to be quite out a lot of the time xxx

I had a growth scan @ 34 with my last. He was 5lb something.

I had him by emergency section @ 41 + 5 & he was 9lb 3.5oz

Mel

I had a scan with Bun when I was 34-35 weeks to see if he had turned (he was breech). They also did a growth scan because my FH was measuring 3-4 weeks behind. They said he was small for his gestation (4lbs something), but he was born 6lbs 11oz at just before 36w. They estimate he would have been around 10lbs if he went to term! So for us the FH and scans were way off!

I had a growth scan at 35+6 - J measured 6lb 1oz
Induced at 39+1.. born at 39+3 - weighed 8lb 6oz

(due to GD)

xxx

I had a scan to confirm my waters had broke at 34 weeks, he was approx 5lbs 13oz on the scan and when we came out 2 days later, he was 6lbs so they were spot on for me x

scan @ - 34 weeks - 6lb 6oz

born @ 38 weeks - 5lb LOL

they r often wrong x

My last growth scan (35weeks) I was told she was going to be around 6lbs, I had her at 40w2d and she was bang on 8lbs! Her tiny baby outfit diddnt fit! :haha:

I have a really tiny frame, im a size 6 - 8 so they were very shocked i managed to push her out lol

I had a scan at 26 weeks and 40+5, first scan estimated 3kg at birth, second estimated 3.3kg/7lbs 4oz and he was 3310grams/7lbs 4oz born the next day.

Sorry not the answer you were really looking for but just thought I would add my 2 cents worth.

Also I went into labour naturally at 40+5 but had him by emergency c-section the next day as he was in a lot of distress and my labour wasn't progressing.

Interestingly the midwife said I was going to have a huge baby every time she felt my belly - she guessed a 10 pounder!

Thanks for the replies, not looking for a specific answer just wanted to see who they had been right for and who they had been wrong for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->