For those that have had a stretch and sweep..

TwoRdue

Reaction score
I am booked in for one next tuesday if baby still not here and wanted to know if it worked for you or not

Not 100% sure I had one (for that reason I didn't submit a vote) but if that's what it was it hadn't worked yet and it's been a 3 days so far.

I won't be having one this time (I actually am hoping to go over my due date lol, possibly by as much as 8 days) but with DD I had one done at 41 weeks (my hospital doesn't do them before 40 weeks and I was 39+6 at my 40 week appointment so I had to wait a week). Less than 48 hours later I had my show followed soon by my waters breaking, but no contractions til late that night and she was born the following evening. Impossible to say whether the sweep had any contribution.

Really depends on your body n if ur really ready. To me its worth a shot to see if things get going

Worked last pregnancy at 38+4
Didn't work this time at 37, but getting another at 38 this week :)

I had sweep with my 2nd, the 1st didn't work but the 2nd which I had 2 days later did. I only have a sweep once I am over due. I am unsure they do them in the uk before your due date x

Had one last Wednesday at 39+4. Despite midwife saying my cervix was favourable -very low, soft and 2 cm dilated it didn't work :-( Having a 2nd tomorrow if nothing happens today

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->