For those that have suffered preeclampsia?

VickyLou

1 beautiful little lady.
Reaction score
How did you feel before you got diagnosed?

I've been feeling 'off' since yesterday. My face was very puffy but it seems to have gone down. My ankles and feet are huge but seem to go down when I put my feet up high, my right hand is totally numb but they tell me that's carpel tunnel. I feel very sick but haven't been sick, keep getting blurry vision but I'm putting that down to dizzy spells I keep having. My head feels heavy too but no headache.
I've been having fairly regular painful Braxton hicks and tightenings since Saturday too.

I was at the hospital yesterday being monitored but they didn't seem concerned when I mentioned how I'm feeling. Infact they didn't say anything.

My blood pressure and urine was fine when I saw the consultant on last Thursday.

Lots of people have said it sounds like preeclampsia but I'm not convinced from reading google. Should I bother labour ward?

I haven't technically been diagnosed as having pre-e. Slowly over my last few appointments my bp has increased. Then last Wednesday, it was over 140/90, which made them order NSTs twice a week. I went to my first NST on Monday, I was there for an hour, and bp went up in that hour, and then had my doctor's appointment right afterwards, which my bp went up again.

I have no other symptoms other than hypertension. No protein in my urine. I have swelling but it's in just my ankles, especially if I've been on my feet all day. I have headaches, but because it'ts fall and there has been changes in weather, we can't rule out my seasonal allergies that causes me headaches.

As for the week or so before finding out my bp was elevated, I have felt off, but I'm in early labor, even if it's not active early labor.

I'd be worried about the blurred vision. But if everything else is fine, I think you should be fine. They will continue to monitor you. There is a possibility you feeling off could be signs of early labor :shrug: I'm not sure. Did they hook you up to NST to monitor baby's movement/heartbeat? Did they monitor any of your contractions?

I haven't technically been diagnosed as having pre-e. Slowly over my last few appointments my bp has increased. Then last Wednesday, it was over 140/90, which made them order NSTs twice a week. I went to my first NST on Monday, I was there for an hour, and bp went up in that hour, and then had my doctor's appointment right afterwards, which my bp went up again.

I have no other symptoms other than hypertension. No protein in my urine. I have swelling but it's in just my ankles, especially if I've been on my feet all day. I have headaches, but because it'ts fall and there has been changes in weather, we can't rule out my seasonal allergies that causes me headaches.

As for the week or so before finding out my bp was elevated, I have felt off, but I'm in early labor, even if it's not active early labor.

I'd be worried about the blurred vision. But if everything else is fine, I think you should be fine. They will continue to monitor you. There is a possibility you feeling off could be signs of early labor :shrug: I'm not sure. Did they hook you up to NST to monitor baby's movement/heartbeat? Did they monitor any of your contractions?

Yes they did hook me up, that's why I have to go cause of reduced movements but she's been fine every time. These symptoms only started yesterday so I don't no what to think. I have no way of checking my blood pressure unless I go to the hospital or wait to see my midwife in 2 weeks time. :shrug:

i developed severe pre e in labour with my first. No swelling etc i was at mw on thurs all ok ie urine nil, bp norm an i went labour myself on the sat. My second bp raised slowly from 17weeks an i was put meds 34wks an 2 weekly ctg and weekly bloods. Wasnt diagnosed with pre e this time an went in labour my self again. My bubs were both under 7ib i had severe headaches from early preg on both. I would maybe wait a few days hun an see how you feel if vision still funny then maybe do call an ask (wouldnt hurt). The diagnosis is norm if you have high bp an protein in urine. I never got any swelling. Now preg no 3 an had no headaches till last week or two but nothing major (had lot worse) my bp an urine so far been fine too. Try relax.

i developed severe pre e in labour with my first. No swelling etc i was at mw on thurs all ok ie urine nil, bp norm an i went labour myself on the sat. My second bp raised slowly from 17weeks an i was put meds 34wks an 2 weekly ctg and weekly bloods. Wasnt diagnosed with pre e this time an went in labour my self again. My bubs were both under 7ib i had severe headaches from early preg on both. I would maybe wait a few days hun an see how you feel if vision still funny then maybe do call an ask (wouldnt hurt). The diagnosis is norm if you have high bp an protein in urine. I never got any swelling. Now preg no 3 an had no headaches till last week or two but nothing major (had lot worse) my bp an urine so far been fine too. Try relax.

Thanks hun. I'm trying to keep my feet up to stop the swelling in my feet. I don't think it is pre e but everyone else (my friends/family) making me worry. I've tried to call labour ward several times but I'm getting no answer from them. I'll call them again tomorrow if I don't feel ok, thanks again x

Yesterday my midwife took a blood and urine sample because although my bp was normal I had protein in my urine, heart pounding randomly, headaches, floaters in vision and just a general "off" feeling. Hopefully I'll be getting results back soon.

A friend of mind developed eclampsia over the weekend and had to deliver, she had major headaches and rib pain.

I developed preeclampsia with DD. My BP had been increasing over a few weeks but didn't seem like anything to worry about, then at 36 weeks it went high (150/100) and stayed high even with the drugs. I had protein in my urine, constant headache, upper rib pain and a fuzzy head like someone had dimmed the lights. They kept me in until 37 weeks then I was induced and DD weighed 5lb4 as the placenta stopped working.

I would suggest ringing your midwife in the morning and making an appointment, your symptoms don't sound severe and it's probably not pre-e but it's definitely worth getting checked out just in case.

ETA I also had swelling but mine wasn't severe. I could still fit in my shoes anyway!

I tested my blood pressure, it was 137/72 then I tested again bad it was 132/72, that's with in normal range I think. I'll just see how I'm feeling tomorrow. I guess I could be feeling crappy from my whooping cough jab I had on Friday, the nurse did say I could feel rubbish for a few days.

Thanks for the replies ladies.

maybe hun i had flu jag fri an been feelin rubbish to. Yest an today am restless. Like when am all hot bothered, dunno what do with mysel.

Honestly I didn't even feel any different when I was diagnosed with preeclampsia last pregnancy… went in for a routine check up with the OB at 38 weeks one night and got sent straight to the hospital for induction. My BP and weight had spiked and there was protein in my urine sample. Baby was here 7 hours later without complications. 😄

My BP had spiked this past week so naturally I was a bit concerned but my doc says that protein in the urine is the key symptom for preeclampsia… report any others of course if you're worried but if your samples are testing okay I wouldn't worry too much.

I was checked today at hospital and all is ok. I'm guessing I'm just feeling a little rubbish due to my whooping cough jab.

Thanks ladies

I was checked today at hospital and all is ok. I'm guessing I'm just feeling a little rubbish due to my whooping cough jab.

Thanks ladies

Good news just keep and eye out and if in doubt go get your bp checked asap. I felt absolutely fine when I was diagnosed with pre e on 32 weeks exactly my bp was considered high at 150 over 80 and protein in my urine by 32+3 they had put me on labetalol and given me steroids and by 32+5 I was having an emergency csec due to liver starting to fail. My bp that day they decided to deliver ava was 193 over 105 I remeber it on the machine like yesterday!

Ive just got bfp for baby no2 and im actually really worried ill get it again and have to have another early baby. Mine developed quick and whilst in most women the drugs work and can go to full term fine its not always the way so if in doubt get checked out :) thats dd in my profile so all was good in the end xxx

Thanks ladies

Good news just keep and eye out and if in doubt go get your bp checked asap. I felt absolutely fine when I was diagnosed with pre e on 32 weeks exactly my bp was considered high at 150 over 80 and protein in my urine by 32+3 they had put me on labetalol and given me steroids and by 32+5 I was having an emergency csec due to liver starting to fail. My bp that day they decided to deliver ava was 193 over 105 I remeber it on the machine like yesterday!

Ive just got bfp for baby no2 and im actually really worried ill get it again and have to have another early baby. Mine developed quick and whilst in most women the drugs work and can go to full term fine its not always the way so if in doubt get checked out :) thats dd in my profile so all was good in the end xxx

so true hun, i was at mw 2days before birth an bp was 118/60 urine clear. Turned up hosp an bp was 170+/110+ i felt fine then ended up lil spaced maybe pethedine an gas an air by time delivered. Obv didnt have time medicate until after birth. I couldnt walk so disorientated had hold was get shower an then had sit in shower an sit to dress. My reflexes were affected an my bp was still high ie 140s/90s 3 months later but i fell preg again. Bp settled second preg at 12 weeks but started slowly rising from 17wk (mw wasnt overly concerned as bookin an other readings were much same. I went gp an was in out maternity ward few times before put meds 32weeks. I had one sample wi protein but next one fine (weirdo) an they diagnosed hypertension not pre e. Luckly meds had me below 140/90 so i had lil one by mysel at 39+6. i had kidneys checked in preg with no 2 as well. Now 31+6 no 3 an bp an urine fine so far, 28weeks bp was 133/88 but they didnt comment (highest this preg)

I had bit of eye ache, and headache. No swelling and nothing in urine but my Bp was increasing. Make them listen, I was fobbed off and it was left to develop into full eclampsia, seizures after birth and a week in intensive care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->