For those that work...

lillybells

Reaction score
How far awway is your job?

I am currently looking for a job (full time) as I left my last job when I was pregnant, and I have an interview for a job next week that is quite good money but it is about 30mins drive away and thats without taking into account any traffic.

So i really dont know what to do, as its going to be heard enough leaving LO all day as it is.

How far does everyone else travel or would travel.

Thanks in advance
xxx

takes me 80 mins to get to work ..tiring! x

Am currently on Mat leave, but go back in Sept. On a good run, work takes me round 20 mins. If traffic is bad, then it can take 30-45 mins to get home.

Oh how I am not looking forward to going back to work :(

About 30 mins each way. What hours would the job be? I can be home by 4, so the commute isn't as much of a big deal as it would be if I finished later.

My job is currently just over half an hour away, 35 minutes or so. I worked out i spend almost 6 hours a week in my car, so mainly for that reason I am soon starting a new job which is a 2 minute walk from home :thumbup:

My job is currently just over half an hour away, 35 minutes or so. I worked out i spend almost 6 hours a week in my car, so mainly for that reason I am soon starting a new job which is a 2 minute walk from home :thumbup:

Wow! Well done for finding something so close!

i don't drive, where i work takes 1 - 1 1/2 hours on public transport depending on traffic. when i pick bella up from the childminder, it takes me the same time to get to the childminder's house & then we have a 45 minute walk home from there.

i work a 4 day week, 3 days of which bella's with the childminder.

xx

I only work part time but my job is 10 minutes away even with traffic, not that there ever is any as I live in quite a rural area.

X

My oh's job is in London. We'll be moving there but i think i'll still need to keep my job so that'll be 90 miles each way including half of the m25 at rush hours. Roughly 900miles a week and on average at least 2 hours each way:dohh:

About 30 mins each way. What hours would the job be? I can be home by 4, so the commute isn't as much of a big deal as it would be if I finished later.

It will be 9 - 5.30 so by the time I have picked LO up from the nursery/childminder and home its probably going to be about 6.30 and she goes to bed at 7 :cry:

How does everyone that doesnt see there LO's much in the week due to work find it?

x

I work 8:30 to 5:15 Monday to Thursday in central London and 8:00 until 12:00 on a Friday from home. My commute is two hours each way, so I am very grateful for the half day from home on a Friday!
It was tiring before having a little one, absolutely knackering now.
I hate leaving my son, but he LOVES nursery which we do two days a week and he enjoys being with my parents for the other two days (and they LOVE having him).
My son doesn't really sleep as much as other babies, which is a pain in the arse for me and my partner being able to spend any time together, but it does mean we get at least a couple of hours with him each night. I would struggle without my evening cuddles.

Its about 10 mins by foot, but i drive most days and it takes me...2 mins :blush:

But i drive in for a reason...not just out of laziness :lol:

I work 3 days of 8.30am - 12pm. And 2 days of 9am - 5.20pm.

And our nursery that Aymen attends is located at the back of my works car park...I couldnt ask for more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->