• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For those who had a dating scan..

ClairAye

Mum to one of each!
Reaction score
Why did you get one? Is it if you have no clue when your LMP was?

I still don't have regular periods since LO and only had 2 before falling pregnant again, if I have no clue do you think I'd get a dating scan or have to wait? :flower:

I thought everyone got one, lol. But if not everyone gets them, I got mine to see how far I was because I had only had brown blood for 3 days for a 'period', the month before I missed my period altogether so I wasn't quite sure when my lmp was.

I thought everyone got a "12 week" dating scan and a 20 week anomaly scan :s

Oh no I mean an early dating scan if you have no idea how far along you are :)

I had no idea at all but didnt get offered an early scan. . It took nearly 8 weeks after id first seen a midwife and by the time I got the scan I was 17 weeks +3 !

Well I knew exactly when my last period was because I record the exact start date and even the day I stop bleeding in a phone app I have, I absolutely love it it even told me I was late! But even though I knew that my doctor wanted me to get a dating scan which I thought was completely unnecessary but.. Oh well!

Whether you know your LMP or not everyone is entitled to a Booking-In appointment and dating scan around 8-12 weeks and an Anomaly (also called Gender Scan by non-health professionals) around 18-21 weeks.

If you don't know when your LMP was or roughly how far you are, you will usually be scheduled for an appointment going by your HCG levels taken from a blood test or simply within a few weeks of reporting the pregnancy to your doctor or midwife.

I got a dating scan because I was taking the pill back to back so I wasn't getting periods :) They gave me one for that, I literally had no idea how far along I would've been. :flower:

I thought everyone got a dating scan too, I noted the start and end of my periods and have for several years, and they still wanted to do an eight week dating scan

It depends on what country your in, as to what type of care you recieve. Id speak to your midwife.Claire! Do you have any idea at all how far gone you may be?

im getting one bc i have no idea how far i am lmp was light so i could of been pregnant i get my scan on the 16th

Yeah I got 12 & 20 with my son but I knew my LMP, but I should be getting a scan in 3-4 weeks as midwife thinks I could be around 8 weeks, if I'm not between 11-13 weeks then I get to have another then for the NT scan :)

I never got a dating scan. I had no idea how far along I was (until today:happydance:) as I hadn't had a period since before LO :L

I had a dating scan at 6 Weeks 6 days because I had no idea!

Wow imagine finding out you're 13 weeks! :D

I think I'll be 8-9 weeks at mine if I get it in 3-4 weeks!

i had a scan to find out date as i said i didnt know exact date, turns out i was 15+3 i expected to be around 12-13 .. i had a dating scan with my first too i thought everyone did, i had irregular periods too so i would never of been able to work out due date otherwise!xx

Yeah I mentioned before I mean a scan before the 12 week scan. Thanks though, I'm exactly the same right now!
I have mine early next month :flower:

I had one at 10 weeks to find out the exact due date :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->