For those who have experienced an anovulatory cycle..Question!

Ortegapg1

Reaction score
I think that I am currently experiencing an anovulatory cycle. I generally ovulate cd 19-22 and its now cd 24 and my opks are getting lighter. My temps are also still very low and I am about a week away from my expected period.

My question is, when you experience an anovulatory cycle, does your period take longer to occur because you didn't ovulate? or do you have to wait to ovulate to even have your period? Does this mean that my cycle will be "messed up"? Also, if I continue to BD in hopes that my ovulation is just late, could I still have chances of conceiving?

This is all so confusing for me. :(

:shrug::shrug:

If your able to ovulate this cycle then yes its still possible to get pregnant , you will just have a very thick uterine lining built up. You could try drinking peppermint tea it has helped me ovulate on cycles that I thought I had screwed up by taking various supplements.

For me if ovulation is late my AF is late. If I dident ovulate at all AF does not start, I went through many anovulation cycles in my 20's and went 6+ months without AF had to get provera to induce a cycle and was diagnosed with PCOS.

I have annovulatory cycles frequently (pcos also) and find af does come eventually but those cycles can last 8weeks+. I think for some women af will come eventually as the body recognises the need to restart. Cd24 is still early though. When I do ovulate I am usually around cd25-26 so don't count yourself as out quite yet! Might just be a slightly longer than normal cycle, and you could get prwgfo if u do eventually ovulate. Xxx

If your opks are getting lighter, there is a chance that your body was gearing up to ovulate then stopped, but may still decide to. On cycles I've had that have been anovulatory, they have been really long... 40-60 days. So it could be a case of your body wanting to ovulate still, or it could turn out to be an anovulatory cycle. I'd keep up with the opks and BDing, just in case!

I don't normally ovulate on my own and my cycles can be anywhere from 30-90 days. I do think I ovulate at times and that is when I have the shorter cycles. My doctor had said that with later ovulation it may not be as strong or the uterine lining is too thick for implantation. You're still early though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->