For those who have had two c-sections..

Mrs.R

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've had one emergency C-section with my son, and I think I'll be having an elective for my second baby. I was wondering, for those who have had 2 sections, did the doctor simply cut along your old scar, cut out your old scar (and give you a new one) or give you two scars?

I'm wondering this as my current scar has not healed that well, and has parts which are raised and red, and some parts that are white and flat. Almost like partly keloid?

I'm hoping that the surgeon will cut out my old scar and remove any scar tissue underneath but I'll be in a public hospital and cannot request this as I won't even know who is performing the surgery.

Thanks!

Hi there :) While I can't comment on weather you could ask the surgeon in a public hospital to cut out the old scar tissue, I can tell you that they will cut along the existing scar.
I am yet to have my second c-section (next month) but have been told this a few times at hospital appointments now.
Best of luck to you :)

For my 2nd csection they cut a new scar, as it's less potential complications.
However, I'm about to have my 3rd csection in 2 weeks and I believe my OB had mentioned that he will cut out one of my old scars and give me a new one this time around. Can't quite remember.
J harm in you mentioning it to your doctor though regardless of what type of hospital you have your baby in:)

Ive been told for my second c section they will cut through my old scar and give me a new one.

I've had 3 c-sections and they opened the same scar with all 3 x

Had my second section 16th may and they cut across my old scar but there was a lot of internal scar tissue and took a bit longer also recovery definatly a bit harder second time. Scar healing beautifully though x

Hi there,

I've had two successful C-Sections and they opened the same scar. With my first, they used staples, and with my second they used internal sutures to close it. I found that the sutures left a minimal scar on the outside, the staples left a darker scar.

[I'm not sure if it made a difference, but with my first, it was an Emergency and I didn't know the doctor that performed the section, and with my second it was my OB as scheduled].

I'm currently TTC#3, but visit here in case any ladies need support, or have questions.

All the best!

I've had 2 sections and they cut out my old scar the last time around as the surgeon said it was "messy". Not sure what they'd have done with a neat one!

I think you can discuss with your surgeon. I would definitely recommend to have an old scar to be cut out.
To be precise, the scar on the skin, not anything else. On uterus, as I am aware, they always make a new scar.

Had my second c section 8 days ago and i have had a proper look today at my cut as i thought they had gone through my old scar but they haven't, they have gone about an inch higher and given me a new one! It looks great and very neat with no swelling or redness so i'm happy anyway.

The cut through the same scar with mine. My first csection I had dissolvable stitches the fist time and I requested the same the second time Scar has healed lovely both times. xx

I guess I'm confused about the two 'cuts' ... one is the abdomen and one is the uterus. I guess here people are only talking about the scar on the skin (abdomen)... not the uterus, right?

I heard that with my second c-section they cut out the old scar (Europe), and I was told they'll cut out the old one again if I have a third section (Australia, public system). I think they are also talking about the skin on the abdomen (and not the uterus).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->