For those who took 18 month + to conceive?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
For the ladies who took 18 months or longer to conceive the first time around ... did that affect your decision about WWT the second time around? Or did you just ignore it and start afresh thinking second time round will be easier?

I dont know if I should post in here because we weren't actively TTC but between coming off contraception and me falling pg it was about 20 months and it's made me think differently about it this time, my cycles were/are all over the place and still have had one since Seth was born.

To be honest Im sort of a bit nervous about TTC incase it does take as long as last time because I know Id keep being disappointed.

Hope that makes sense :s

xxx

Thats the thins Linzi .. i dont know if you are likely to have trouble again second time around or not ...

I mean if i allowed for the possibilty of an 18 month stretch again, given the age gap i'd want between LO's i'd have to start TTC again next spring. But then if i fell PG really quick the age gap would be a hell of a lot smaller :hissy:

Did you ever get a reason about why it took so long last time? You didn't have to have any assisted conception or anything did you?

xxx

Nope, no reason at all .. but had ongoing gynae tests from around the age of 14 because of other problems and nothing could be pinpointed. They picked up a possibility of PCOS but it never developed and turned into what could be diagnosed as PCOS.

Ive done it once and i could cope with the long haul again but its the not knowing that makes the deciding very difficult.

Yeah I can imagine... maybe speak to your Docs hun and see if they can find anything and then if not all the better. At least you'll be clearer.

As I said earlier, we weren't trying so it might have just been that, but it's stuck in my mind now abotu how long it took and if I was actively trying and it took the same amount of time Id keep being disappointed and end up having a large age gap between two children, so Im at the beginning of having some tests and stuff done now. Ive sent off a sample for a pg test and also having some bloods to check my hormones :)

Sorry I cant be any more help though :hugs:

xxx

hiya, me and OH were 2geva 2yr b4 i fell preg , we stopped using anything after about 6mth (im desprate to start a family, never ever fell with an ex after 3yr) and at 28 i was thinking it wud never happen, but we werent trying properly (jsut not using anything) my heart werent really in it cos i was convinced i cudnt have kids ........ but then i feel preg after using nothing for over 16mth, but had a mmc :cry: after that it took us 7mth, and i mean, opk/persona monitor/charting/insteadcups .... EVERYTHING :lol: finally it happened, already im thinking bout how long ttc#2 will take us and LO aint even here yet ! ive always wanted children fairly close in age , so my answer is i wont be wtt we will just see how it goes :D xx
(hope this all makes sense :rofl:)

Hope you dont mind me asking, guess i am really nosey just wondered what age gap would you like between you LOs? Brooke is gorgeous by the way x

it took my best friend 5 years to conceive the first time, so she thought it would take her as long the second time and starting trying to conceive for her second baby stright away, and is about to have her second baby whilst elizabeth wont be quite one.

speak toyour doctor.....but don't start trying sooner to "accomodate" a long TTC session...it COULD happen straight away! unless you'd be ok with a closer age gap...

Hope you dont mind me asking, guess i am really nosey just wondered what age gap would you like between you LOs? Brooke is gorgeous by the way x

Ideally i would like Brooke to be 3 when her sibling comes along.

Thats the dilemma you see, do i wait until she's 18 months then TTC or do i leave it a bit longer and wait until shes 2ish then start then?

If im honest i could probably deal with a bigger age gap better than a smaller age gap.

Just wanted to say that, my mum tried for 3 years to get pregnant with me and she said both my sisters were then straight away :hugs:

I don't have any experience with waiting so long, but my cousin had lot of trouble. My cousin tried for 3 years (she tried everything, even invetro a couple times) and they then decided to adopt instead. about a month after they got they're little boy they found out they were pg! So you never know.

It took me 6months to get my BFP with my little boy- I started ttc~2 when he was 10 months old as i thought it maybe similar, 18months and 2 m/c's later and we are still trying, in an ideal world would love 3 little ones so if i have a successful preg with number to we have already decided we will go straight back to ttc
x

hi the first time for me took 4 years the age gap between my first and second is 9 years and 2 years between te 2nd and 3rd !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->