for those whose kids slept in their bed???

xxannxx

Reaction score
Hiya, was just wondering, for those here who had their children sleep in with them, what age did you get them in to routine of sleeping in their own room alone, and how????
My LO is almost 3 and has been sleeping in my bed since he was 6mths (I know I shouldn't have started it). Have recently been thinking he should start sleeping alone, obviously he isn't keen on the idea, and was wondering if anyone had any tips???

hi ann my LO slept in with me pretty much from birth, i have recently moved him into his own bed surprisingly he was brill it took about a week of getting up in the night but now he goes bed at 8 and gets up around 6.30 which is not too bad.

when he gets up i go upstairs and say 'sleep time' and i do that twice and if he gets up again i go up and dont say anything he just got back in bed... then if he got up again i just leave him for a few mins and he gets back in bed by him self

good luck x

I also let my first sleep with me in the early years, she then wouldnt go into her own bed and i ended up having to stand with her till she fell asleep in her own bed, i just stood or sat there on the floor - i never actually lay on the bed with her, then over time moved away from the bed to the door then away all together. Took a while but i got there eventually.

My first slept with me from the day he was born and I am afraid to say he didnt get into a night time routine until he was 5 years old and that was only because he had started school and all his little friends had their own bedroom !!!! Thats why Dec has been in his own room from he was 4 months and he rarely gets into my bed.

jake was 4 and stopped co sleeping cos i had a new baby and katie still co-slept until about 6 or 7 and i was lucky with ethan he liked his own space too much and didnt co-sleep

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->