• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For those with allergies.. Share your alternative recipes

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
I thought this would be a good thread to start as my LO is allergic to egg and tomatoes and I really struggled when I first started to wean. We did blw and although egg and tomatoes seem to be in everything!!.. She still has a really varied diet.

I thought it would be good for us to share recipes where you made a change because of a certain allergy etc.

With baking etc, I just replace the egg with a mashed banana (if the recipe says 2 x eggs, I put in 2 x bananas) and this has always worked well.
I really wanted to do pizzas, puff pastry, pasta sauces etc so I now oven cook a butternut squash with some garlic gloves (with skin on), Rosemary and oil and once softened, I put into a blender, take the garlic out of the skin and put those in and add some stock to make a sauce. I then freeze in little bags and when I need a pasta sauce or pizza base sauce, I just use this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->