Forced to recycle?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6672723.stm

Well this is already in my area & I think its a good idea personally :D

I have to say we don't have the recycling boxes & we weren't suppose to be here this long but I will be when we move into new place.

It found that some councils believed a bi-weekly collection was the best way to get householders to reduce waste and meet recycling targets by 2010.

Do you think this is a good idea? Should we be forced to recycle?

we do it here, it was hard to adjust to at first but now its second nature, even the kids do it automaticly. i think its a good idea

x

We've not had weekly collections for a while now, it has worked out not too bad. As long as we recycle our plastic & glass, put cardboard in the blue bin, then it is fine having the black bin emptied fortnightly.

So i think it is a good idea too, lol!!

we have no recycling facilitys at all and it really annoys me... we dont even have the blue boxes or anything.

i rang the counsil to see if we could have one adn they said they had reached their 'quota' for boxes and they dont have to give any more out!!!

We have had fortnightly collections for ages now. We have a blue box for glass, tins and plastics, a bag for paper, a brown bin ofr garden waste, kitchen waste and cardboard and a little box in the kitchen to put all our scraps into so we can just put them in the box. My council are good for recycling though not so good at encouraging other ways of reducing waste i.e. reusable nappies which pisses me off a tad.

Im going to be different here and say Im glad Im not forced to recycle! I have enough stuff to do on a daily basis without having to sort my rubbish. when Im cooking for example everything gets chucked intp the bin, Iv not got time to put the rubbish into different places. Im sure if I was forced it would become routine, but right now Im glad I dont have too! xxx

i think the only reason i would do it is coz i grew up recycling at my parents house and we used to take it to our local recycling site, otherwise i probably wouldnt care!

Im going to be different here and say Im glad Im not forced to recycle! I have enough stuff to do on a daily basis without having to sort my rubbish. when Im cooking for example everything gets chucked intp the bin, Iv not got time to put the rubbish into different places. Im sure if I was forced it would become routine, but right now Im glad I dont have too! xxx
See I was like that but it is so simple to do. It is no different to putting the veg scraps in the box then it is to put them in the bin. And as for the timns etc I just put them on the side till I have done the washing up, then rinse them and put them out in the box. It isn't really about sorting rubbish, and it takes no longer. I guess its just getting used to it. I need to be forced as I wouldn't do it otherwise, yet now that I do it is just second nature.

recycling is a good idea , but it takes the piss coz we have to pay here for the recycling bins.

I would just deduct that from your council tax and tell them they are numpties. Its doing them a favour, therefore they should be doing everything in their power to help you achieve their targets!!!!

its just the area we live in , its £27.50 every 6 months of every year. i cant remember which.

we starting paying a few months after buying the house here , when we first moved in they didnt collect our rubbish for bloody ages. we had to take it to the tip for 1st few times.

I would love to recycle but nombins are provided here at all. We did try for a while taking cans and glass to the recycle bins but they are no where near us so gave up.

when we lived in southampton before , our neighbours had 8 bins. they would go round taking other peoples at night.

We have a green bin for cardboard and garden rubbish (but not kitchen waste) but u have to take all the plastic/sellotape off 1st so just taken a load of boxes to the tip 'cos can't be bothered sat peeling all the sellotape, labels etc off. They empty every 2 weeks spring/summer and every 4 weeks in winter.

We have voluntary recycle box for tins/glass/milkcartons/areosols/shampoo bottles etc, won't take yog pots/marg tubs. This is collected weekly along with green bag for newspapers, catalogues and clothes.

Then just chuck bin bags out with the rest of rubbish every week.

Ideally we would like wheelie bin every fortnight much easier, and for recycle ppl to take more, but council can't be bothered, and recyling is done by private company.

We have our own compost bin for kitchen waste and a dog for left over food (not that ther's much)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->