Forceps delivery - 5 weeks on - feel like I'm deformed down there - feeling crap :(

londongirl

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone have any positive stories for me to raise my hope?

I had a forceps delivery just over 5 weeks ago. I've only just had the courage to look and feel down there. Luckily it's not painful. But the sight is horrible! I had a 2nd degree tear on the perineum. That bits fine. But my vag just seems to hang open like a hole - and when i feel it, there seem to be no muscles whatsoever at the entrance, then it feels soft and blobby in the entrance and goes closed and tight higher up. Does that make sense?

I've just been crying all day cos I feel deformed and horrible. (It doesn't help that the little guy isn't sleeping and I'm exhausted). But i'd massively appreciate some helpful stories?

Thank you...

I didn't have forceps delivery so can't help on that bit, but I did have quite a bit of tearing inside and out requiring stitches. There was alot of swelling and I just felt horrendous. I cried everytime I pee'd for about 4/5 weeks.

In the grand scheme of things it's still early days so give it time lovely! If it's really getting you down speak to your health visitor and may be see your gp or nurse to get checked out. :hugs:

Hi!

I had a forceps delivery and episiotomy last year with my daughter. You're not deformed! I was scared to even look or touch since I had stitches. Everything will go back the way it's supposed to, trust me :thumbup: it takes time to heal.

Hi!

I had a forceps delivery and episiotomy last year with my daughter. You're not deformed! I was scared to even look or touch since I had stitches. Everything will go back the way it's supposed to, trust me :thumbup: it takes time to heal.

thank you so much. i know its tmi but my bum also feels stretched... if you had that too, did that improve as well?

Hi, I haven't posted before but felt I had to answer you! I had a forceps delivery back in March and had a 3rd degree tear with stitches etc. It was pretty painful to begin with and I was worried like you... but things improve a lot with time so don't panic! It is still early days and the best thing you can do is work the muscles - so pelvic floor exercises! They have helped me loooooooads!

Just enjoy your baby, get some rest and give your body a little time to recover. I did exercises whilst feeding because it helped me remember and is a time when sitting still etc! You can look up online how to do them or ask your GP maybe? It's not hard when you get the hang of it and you can tell things are improving with time.

Good luck, you will feel more like yourself before long :happydance:

I had forceps delivery with both of my babies and at first it'll look abit like a mess, or at least mine did, but with time it'll heal up, tighten up and go completely back to normal. You can also do kegels in the future (not now, give it some time) to tighten things up. Don't worry, I felt the same way at first but it snaps back.

Thank you all sooooo much - i have been upset all day, but this has cheered me up :)

i didnt have a forceps delievery but i had a 2nd degree tear. i got told not to look dwn there until a couple of weeks because it takes that long for it to start to look back to what it looked like. i accidently looked down when i was in the hospital and was horrified it was awful but was back to normal 2 months pp (it was probably back to normal sooner but i refused to look there)

Hi there, I had a forceps delivery with my daughter a year ago. I ended up with a 4th degree tear and needed 75 stitches. It was very uncomfortable and looked odd for a while. Was kind of open, flabby and squidgy. I had follow up with gyn/consultant and physio due to the trauma who said everything would take a while to go back to normal. I was doubly incontinent for a short while but through physio input things are good. My physio referred to me (and other woman) as being like a bucket down there which totally traumatised me but now I know what she means. Thorough pelvic floor exercises done properly (hold for count of ten, have a break for ten...continue for ten holds) three times a day on an empty bladder/after bowel movement) whilst still sitting on the toilet I am now much much better. I have full sensation back, scar tissue is fine just don't look exactly like I did before. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->