Forceps delivery

xxxemmaxxx

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone could shed any similar conditions after having a forceps delivery.

DS2 was born on Monday and after another quick start heading to the hospital pretty quick.. (Last time left it a bit too long and was 8cm!) after an hour of starting having pains i was 4cm.. Desperate for an epi this time after having nothing last time i begged and begged until it came - hooray and wow couldnt believe what it did!
Anyway DS1 was born by ventouse because after hours of pushing nothing was happening.. Again the same happened on Monday with DS2.. This time they wanted to use forceps.. I was pretty freaked out as i have never liked the sound of them but she went on to say that they are safer than ventouse (had not problems with ventouse when i had it during and after).
Anyway... Forceps hurt and were absolutely brutal to be honest and have left me wincing at the thought!

What I've noticed 2 nearly 3 days on is I'm still not getting much of an urge to pass urine? If i go to the loo i can go a bit but I'm not getting the needing the loo feeling.
I've also got black bruising all down my bum cheeks inside and piles again - yay..

Anyone else get this? How long until your went away etc?

I didn't have a forceps delivery, but I had no sensation to urinate for about 3 months! And then it slowly started to come back, and its been normal for about a month now. LO is just over 6 months old. It was very odd, but I was told since I was pushing for almost 3 hours, the muscles were just really stretched out and over stressed. And I would assume it was the same for you since you had forceps.

It didn't really bother me, and I didn't have any accidents. I just had to make an effort to remember to go every couple hours.

Hope you're healing ok. :hugs:

I had forceps birth just over 3 weeks ago. I had the same feeling when going for a wee too. Keeping drinking lots it does get better. Me going for a wee is only getting better now so it does take time. With the bruising I didn't get anything like that but chat to your midwife about it. I know u feel crap now I did to but it does get better trust me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->