Formula 2 whole milk

Akayj

Reaction score
Its almost that time to switch from formula to whole milk(of course i will wait on the docs approval and all that sorts) but I was wondering how you all did it? Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I started to offer a small amount of cow's milk to drink with her afternoon snack from about 10.5 months just so she could get used to the taste of it. Then from 11 months, I replaced 1 bottle a day with cow's milk, keeping the other 2 formula. Towards the end of 11 months, I replaced 2 bottles a day, with the last one still being formula. The day she turned a year, we just switched entirely to cow's milk. The recommendation is to wait until a year to make the switch, but I was confident she was eating plenty of healthy food, plus I was already offering a vitamin supplement since about 10 months when her formula intake dipped below 500 mls a day. Whenever you choose to start, I'd just do it gradually over several weeks or a month or more. Overall, it was an easy transition for us. She liked cow's milk so much more - no surprise, formula tastes terrible!

I'm going to start trying and see how it goes but I think I will offer it midday everything new really messes up his belly. Thanks for the reply

Start half/half. Half formula, half cows milk. Add an ounce every week until it's completely milk. HTH. :flower:

So make a bottle of formula like 4oz and add another 4oz to it until i have a whole 8oz of reg milk? Sorry I'm a spacey lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->