Formula bottle at night?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Blah11, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

Well Amelie is still waking 3 times a night :dohh: Does anyone give their LO a bottle of formula at night? I've heard it keeps them sleeping longer and I'm DESPERATE for a whole nights sleep :(

2. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

Oops this was meant to be in the BF section :(

3. hypnorm

hypnorm Well-Known Member

hi, i tried this with ewan but it never made any difference to his sleeping patterns.
    I am starting to introduce a bottle to RObyn too in the evening, the past two times i have done it made no difference either she woke after the usual 4-5 hours for a normal bf feed.

4. XKatX

XKatX Well-Known Member

A few pwople have tried this on here and to be honest, I think it's a bit of hit and miss. Have you tried giving a bottle of EBM? I do this now - he has his normal feed, then I offer him a bottle too. Sometimes he drinks it, sometimes he doesn't. And t be honest, he only sleeps through til 5 before he wants feeding again. I think we just have to go with it and ride it out I'm afraid :-(

5. angie0235

angie0235 Well-Known Member

We gave Kathryn a bottle of formula at her last feed 11pm ish and she did go a bit longer but never completely through the night.