Formula's

MissRoc

Reaction score
Hello other preemie yummy mummies.

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems changing prem formulas? Finn is currently on NP2 and he started to get real sicky, constipated and gassy, I was wanting to try and change his formula but my GP told me to talk to my HV about this and my HV tells me there is no alternative, when I know there is. What formula does your preemie take?

xxx

Andrew was switched from NP2 onto Infatrini, it's even higher calorie than NP2. It comes in pre-made 200ml bottles on prescription via your pharmacy (for those in the GB). Only downside is that you have to have space to stack & store the bottles!

Iv got no advice really, Niamh went straight on to regular formula. Iv found that HV are not really clued up on premies, my HV admitted she wasent. Does your LO see a consultant from the hospital? It might be worth giving them a ring to ask.

Amelias on NP2 havent had any problems but other mums from my mincu have told me they had awful constipation trouble with the formula. Amelia has the ready made cartons. If Finley is on the tubs then ask to switch to premade. It might make all hte difference x

Sorry, Harry wanted to get involved!!!! He went from EM to NP2, then Infatrini, then Slimulac and is now back on NP2. We had major toilet problems for the first 3 months but im not sure if that was from the NP2 or his herina's. Try asking the dietican if your under one, they should be able to help xx

Thanks guys, we dont have a consultant or a dietician so I'll keep badgering my HV for her to look into alternatives as i don't know why she is telling me there aren't any! We do have some of the ready made cartons but mainly use them when we're going out, I'll try them for a couple of days instead then and see how he gets on, then see if my drs will change him to them if it works xx

Ella is on NP2 but she reacted horribly to the powder formula when we got home, after weeks of fighting with GP'S and HV'S they finally changed her to the ready made milk and shes been fine ever since! Its helped her reflux aswell xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->