• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

found a dress I love for my cousin's wedding

EmmyReece

Mummy To Olivia
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-20-22..._Dresses&var=670125472068&hash=item5d4289f611

She's getting married in december (4 days before christmas - very brave lady) and I was thinking of getting some black ankle boots and dark black tights to go with it. But a friend told me that apparently black and navy don't go very well together :dohh:

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

I think that'd look lovely!

Tbf I think your friend is wrong :shrug: every time I've seen navy & black together it's gone together nicely :)
Especially in the winter!

I was gonna say, especially as it's winter, people wear black boots with everything in winter lol

Anyway that is a stunning dress, I have just added it to my watch list :)

I personally wouldntbwear black ankle boots with thst dress the dress ix nice though

I'd wear black with it... It's winter!

What about silver shoes? As the waistband is silver and it'll go nicely. I know it'll be winter but I personally wouldn't wear ankle boots to a wedding especially close family as don't think it's dressy enough but at the end of the day, it's your choice xx

Black tights are fine with it, esp in the middle of winter. I like the idea of silver heels or just black heels. You'll look lovely whatever you choose.

Thanks everyone :D

I'm sooooo clumsy heels are a bit of a no go as I know I'd probably end the night at the hospital, but I bet I'll be able to find silver flat shoes or very similar :D

I would say black tights and silver shoes, of course black and navy go! :flower:

p.s. just an observation based on your journal linked in siggie, maybes get the dress in a size or two too small? Could be another weight loss incentive (although I imagine TTC is a far greater incentive). Just a thought with the best of intentions :hugs:

I would say black tights and silver shoes, of course black and navy go! :flower:

p.s. just an observation based on your journal linked in siggie, maybes get the dress in a size or two too small? Could be another weight loss incentive (although I imagine TTC is a far greater incentive). Just a thought with the best of intentions :hugs:

Great minds think alike :D I'm getting it a size smaller than I wear at the moment and then if needs be my brother's gf has said she will alter it for me :D

Gorgeous dress!

I'm not a great fan of black and navy together tbh. I'd go with navy, charcoal grey tights or thick glossy natural colour tights. Teamed with silver shoes. Boots are fab in winter but not with a glizty evening dress imo. Maybe a nice silver side clip in your hair too and simple jewellery.

Gorgeous dress!

I'm not a great fan of black and navy together tbh. I'd go with navy, charcoal grey tights or thick glossy natural colour tights. Teamed with silver shoes. Boots are fab in winter but not with a glizty evening dress imo. Maybe a nice silver side clip in your hair too and simple jewellery.

I still have the hair comb from our wedding a few weeks ago so I might do a messy bun type thing and use that :D

Would these tights work if I chose the slate grey option?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIZE-8-t...ry_Socks&var=650071019470&hash=item5896cf80dc

So sorry for all the questions :blush: with being big, I seriously have no clue about fashion :dohh:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIZE-8-t...ry_Socks&var=650071019470&hash=item5896cf80dc

So sorry for all the questions :blush: with being big, I seriously have no clue about fashion :dohh:

I think they would look fab! :)

I wore a navy dress (actually not too dissimilar to the one you posted) a few weeks ago for a night out, and I wore black tights and black ankle boots with it. If I do say so myself I thought it looked great :lol:
I love black tights/ankle boots with everything though!

Personally I'd stick to black tights. Being a size 22 myself I've found any other colour tights unflattering. Black hides everything!!! If you feel comfy in ankle boots wear them, might go better than silver flats. Or take flats in your bag, that's what I do for nights out!!

Probably but that's a try it and see sort of thing.

This is gonna sound weird, but If the dress was black and you wanted to wear navy tights I'd say it wouldn't go. But because the dress is navy I think that black tights would look great! I think boots would be nice with it.......but not for a wedding. I nice pair of shoes, black or silver :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->