Found our name! Opinions please :S! x

Gemstar785

Growing A May Bumpyy! x
Reaction score
Hello all I was wondering which one sounds better to you and if anyone thinks the double surname sounds silly, I really wanted both mine and my OH's last name included and maybe if she wants to chose just one later in life she can? But i'm worried it might sounds silly? x

Cleo is so cute! As for having both names, for me it was essential. You're the one doing the hard work! I know some people like to be traditional but I really feel that giving the child just the man's name is soo old fashioned and sexist and is definitely not for me. I think the woman deserves her side of the family to be recognised too. Besides, Harris and Cross sound good together!

Thank you very much for your reply. I think you are right in saying that it's nice to have both because we are the ones doing the hard work. I was a bit worried because one of my friends has a double surname and she hated it! and said I should keep just the one. (although saying that it was parker-doolan and she did get a bit teased) thank you :D xx

I voted for Macey Kiara -- Love this name! Kiara is my fave name!

I think the double surname sounds fine... although, i personally would only use one last name.

i love Macey Cleo and i think the double barrelled surname is lovely, and as you say as she gets older if she doesnt like it she can choose which one she wants to be known by. xx

I love Cleo!...Macey Cleo sounds so cute!.

I think the double-barrelled surname sounds fine too.

x

I like Macey Kaia.

Dont like dbl-barrelled surnames for a host of reasons. Also, mainly i beleieve that if you are not married, it should be daddys name that goes to the baby.

Why daddy's name?

I'm not a fan of Macey myself but Macey Cleo goes together really nicely.
Your double barrelled surname goes together well, so wouldn't worry about that.

I like Macey Kaia.

Dont like dbl-barrelled surnames for a host of reasons. Also, mainly i beleieve that if you are not married, it should be daddys name that goes to the baby.

Why daddy's name?

Tradition. If i wasnt married myself, it would be the OH's name given to the baby. As thats how i beleive it should be. Just as the woman takes the mans name in marriage.

I admit, this is not quite the case nowadays, but i think its nice to believe this should be the case. One family. One name. One unit.

People nowadays run amock with values, citing that marriage doesnt matter etc etc.

My parents divorced when i was three, so i pretty much grew up in a single parent family. When my mum re-married when i was 11 years old, it was important to her to keep the family as one unit, and so she changed my name by deed poll. Otherwise it would have been her and her husband and their children +me - feeling like a black sheep.

Its all about what you believe. I personally stick two fingers up to tradition, whats the fuss with tradition any way? So many horrible and outrageous things are excused in the name of tradition, in some cultures.
I don't think I even believe in marriage, but if I was to get married, there's no way I'd take the man's name. He would be welcome to take my name if he so wished but otherwise we would both keep our own and our children would be double barrellled.

I think that if having a double-barelled name is the right thing for your family then you should do it :) Everyone is different, and has different views - and if it feels right for you then it can't be wrong :)

And Macey Cleo is lovely - I think Cleo is so cute, so is Clover. Macey Clover is nice too :)

Macey Cleo .. It sounds very sweet!

The doubled barrelled surname sounds fine :thumbup:

Macey cleo gets my vote, I've got a db surname and found it annoying through school, but use it when I want to sound posh, I think surnames can only be a personal choice as every couples different. Personally I'm really secure with my fiance and am proud to use his name x

I think Maisie Cleo is a lovely name.

I am married and I kept my own surname, we will be using his name as the surname and my name as a middle name. I think your names go well double barrelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->