Four month regression?

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
I’m sure Rio completely slipped this regression. (Or had it later at maybe 6 months because he was 2 months prem? I remember a fussy stage around 6-7 months)

Anyway, what I’m saying is I’ve never had a baby like this before lol. Suddenly in the last week Niko has gotten SO unsettled. He has started waking in the night for a feed, which is no problem, but he had stopped that. And during the day he WILL NOT nap. He fights his sleep so much he is too worked up to drop off, when he does go to sleep it’s for 10-15 minutes at the most and whilst he is awake he mainly just cries and moans.
It is exhausting. I am assuming this is part of a growth spurt of some sort? Anyone know how long I should expect it to last?
I feel like I’ve got nothing done the last few days because my day consists of either settling him down or feeding him.

I'm replying partly because no one else has!

There is a 4 month sleep regression and it typically coincides with leap 4 of the Wonder Weeks. If you haven't downloaded the app or the book i encourage you to do so. You can also find the FB group that coincides with the month of your baby's birth. So for example, i am part of the Wonder Weeks September 2017 group. Leaps are a result of rapid neurodevelopment in babies. You could experience a range of symptoms, but the most common are the three C's: crying, crankiness, clingyness. Sleep is often disrupted and can result with babies who wake more frequently during the night, wake more easily, or refuse sleep all together. Leap 4 can last up to 5 weeks. What i can't tell you is if the 4 month sleep regression is BECAUSE of the leap or if they just happen at the same time coincidentally. If it's the result of the leap you just have to ride it out and try your best to keep your sanity.

Also, the leaps typically coincide with a baby's due date. So Rio, being 2 months preterm could very well have gone through this leap/regression at 6 months.

Thank you. I’d forgotten about the wonder weeks app, I had that with Rio and it was spot on based on his due date rather than his actual age. I’ll download it again.
Thanks for replying x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->