Four months or 16 weeks?!

babypowder

Reaction score
Hello!

Can someone please explain to me whether we count babies ages in weeks or months? For example, do we wean at 6 months as per 6 months from baby's birth date (so 13th feb born means 13th august weaning) or is it 24 weeks?

Likewise for measuring development!

Thanks! x

Use calendar months.

February is the only month to have exactly 4 weeks in it - every other month has 4 weeks plus a few days, so if you go by weeks, you distort things.

Each time her birth date comes around is a month. So for me, every 23rd Jake is a month older. If you count each 4 weeks as a month, she'll be 13 months on her 1st birthday :wacko: But it's a good idea to keep track of weeks too for things like watching development and most charts are in weeks x

Hi

I get confused about this too. Just had a weaning talk with hv tho and she said weaning should take place at 26 weeks and that 26 wks is officially 6 mths.

I take what my hv says with a pinch of salt... She's very 'by the book' but maybe that definition of mths helps?

It would be so much easier if there were 4 weeks in every month *sigh* :) xx

I always say emily is X amount of weeks every thursday and shes X amount of months on the 26th! although i stopped counting in weeks from about 4 months!

I use months because weeks is confusing. Ember is 2 and a half months old. :)

Use calendar months.

February is the only month to have exactly 4 weeks in it - every other month has 4 weeks plus a few days, so if you go by weeks, you distort things.

^^WSS. xx

So how old is the OP baby then? 15wks or 4 months?

Thank you! He is um 15 weeks....he will be 4 months on 13th June if I am reading this correctly! x

zanes 16w and 4 days and will be 4 months on the 11th of june i go by the date every 11th hes a month older x

Fran was born on Friday 28th January. She was 17 weeks old last Friday (27th May) and 4 calendar months old the day after xx

I go by the date. She was born on the 1st feb so every new month is a new month for her!

So easy having a baby born on the 1st! Thomas was the 1st December so at the start of each month he is a month older.

Also I wonder why so many people think 24 weeks is 6 months, where did that come from?

I'm having a silly argument with my mate over this, she insists Fi is 5 months tomorrow but I know it's not for another 13 days yet! I just get annoyed when people do it cos it makes me feel like they're making my baby grow up too fast

I find this so confusing haha!! I go by months now and when I took my lo to be weighed the other day, my hv said, how many weeks is she now?! I was like, errrr :wacko: :haha: I keep a note of how many weeks she is on the calendar but I count in months so when she is 6 months, I will start introducing foods she couldn't have until then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->