Four Positive OPK's in a row

Plenora

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my seventh month officially TTC this time round (never been pregnant but have tried before and failed) and I've been using OPK's and charting on and off throughout. I just changed to First Response brand this month for a change as it was recommended. I was using internet cheapies before which seemed OK and gave me just one positive and even then only if I caught it at the right time, had to test two or three times a day to make sure!

My problem is that I'm now on my fourth day of positives with FR and wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

I wish I could say that it's because by some miracle that last period I had wasn't really a period (but trust me it really was!) and I'm pregnant but just took an internet cheapie HCG test and nada/zilch not even an evap line. Well I had to try if it didn't make sense :wacko:

My chart, temps and cm signs tell me I ovulated a few days ago so don't quite get this.

Any ideas anyone? I'm at aloss:dohh:

I've never used FR ovulation tests before, but maybe that test is too sensitive for you. Sensitivity is always good for HPTs but not always for OPKs.

I had been using the ICs and switched to a generic drug store brand similar to Clearblue easy. On the ICs, it was easy for me to catch my surge but on the drug store brand it was harder. I guess it's just not a one-size-fits-all type thing.

Last month I had 5 days of positives and the month before I had 6! I also use FR for the most part, although sometimes I go cheaper. I do think the FR is pretty sensitive, but I have no answer for why you would get pos for that many days. Would love to have an answer to that myself! I think if you click on my chart you can see my past cycles. Gl!

Thanks ladies, well just tested again today and back to negative so I guess four days just happens sometimes. Tried lots of times this month and tired out now so will wait and see!

I tend to get 3-4 in a row also..i think for some of us its just normal.

It does sound like the FR ones are TOO good IYKWIM. I quite like that you only get the positive once with the ICs then you know exactly the right time, but can be missed easily, I never had a positive when I got preg with Bree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->