fragmin / clexaine

2nd time

pregnant with #7
Reaction score
I have been on fragmin injections since first trimester and am now 20 weeks along I have read that if your on blood thinning injections you are induced is this correct am I likely to have an induction

When I was pregnant with my boy I was on these injections and was never told I would be induced, my doctor just told me soon as I had signs of labour just to stop the last injection.

I think it depends on why you need them, i wouldn't personally be happy without an induction plan. For me i take the injections, have extra scans at 28 32 and 36 weeks, then induced at 37.

The plan for this baby was to allow me to go naturally but he's so large that my doc would rather keep things controlled so if he's not here by October 10th I'm being induced. I'm on twice a day heparin sodium injections now in case I do go into labour naturally before then. Kind of bummed about the induction but there is always the chance he will come early.

In our hospital fragmin alone isn't a reason to induce before 40 weeks. There has to be at least one other risk factor before the will schedule induction. They won't let you go over though and schedule induction for a few days past your due date. From what I've heard it varies by the area you live in and hospital you are under. We are given leaflets with our injections that say unless told otherwise by a consultant you will be allowed to go into labour naturally, but to stop injections if you have had a show, are feeling regular contractions or your waters break. It also says to book an anethestist appointment to discuss pain relief as an epidural may not be possible if you are in labour but have had an injection less than 8 hours before.

I was on it both pregnancies and went naturally however tbis did mean i couldnt have an epidural as the last injection was too close to when i was in labour and of id needed to have a c sec id have had to be asleep. Luckily i didnt need c sec but i cant say having limited pain relief was much fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->