Frantic fetal movement?

mandapanda93

Pregnant 1st Trimester
Reaction score
For the past three days my lo has not stopped moving except for maybe 3 min at a time.
Also this morning, her movements feel kind of jerky and random and not smooth rolling and stretching like I usually feel.

I'm really scared cus at my last sono it looked like the cord was around her neck.
And I have read so many stories of these jerky movements when the cord is pulled tight.
Has anyone ever felt wierd movements from their lo?

It's not something I've heard of, I'm pretty sure the baby can't pull the cord too tight, but I don't actually know for sure! The baby gets all it's food and oxygen through it's cord so it's not going to be cutting off supplies of anything. The movements do start to change as the baby gets bigger simply because it has less room, so it'll be elbowing it's way trying to make more space.

I would call your doctor or midwife!

I don't know if this is a bad sign and my son used to do this from time to time, but when he was calmed down, he was very calm. He was a lazy little one and I attribute this to him being an awesome sleeper.

Maybe your LO is just a hyper one, but I think it's worth getting checked hun.

Definately get checked out hun. Sure baby is fine but best to be on safe side.

Scuffer, sadly baby's can and do sometimes manage to get tangled in the cord in the womb xxxxx

Definately get checked out hun. Sure baby is fine but best to be on safe side.

Scuffer, sadly baby's can and do sometimes manage to get tangled in the cord in the womb xxxxx

I didn't know, poor little things. Definitiely get checked out then, it is always best to ring the midwife for advice if worried, they have so much experience and can usually tell if something is an issue.

If you are worried get it checked but this is actually common for the baby to have periods of jerky movement. As their muscles develop and neuro system develop they are trying out more movements in different positions and their movements aren't always smooth or coordinated. Also, as your baby gets bigger and runs out of room the movements are going to feel a lot different than before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->