Freaked out by watching baby movement

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
I have seen videos and seen it in real life, it still freaks me out every time. My immediate thought is an alien is going to burst out of her rib cage and eat her with its big and little mouths. I'm getting scared that I'm going to see my stomach do that and freak out or that my family will freak out instead of connecting. Did anybody else feel this way but still loved their baby moving around?

I think you'll feel differently when it's your little one making the movement! I didn't really feel worried or anything, I had no idea what to expect to be honest.. It's pretty odd feeling then move and kick, a sensesation like no other.. but also so exciting! It's a constant reassurance they are doing alright in there, which is nice after not really having any indication for 16+ weeks! My whole stomach bounces with movement now, I love watching it :-D hopefully you'll feel the same!

In theory I am lol but then I go watch videos and totally freak out because I am incredibly squeamish. I remember my cousin's baby and I just flipped out. My mom loves it though, but I do want to feel things move cuz I feel really disconnected since I'm not sick. I want proof baby is there and safe

Don't worry, you won't freak out. It's totally different when it's yourself and not watching someone else's bump.

I find myself enjoying it and trying to figure out which body part is poking out now :haha:

I will admit sometimes I find it a little weird. It's getting to the point now she is moving my stomach and I can see and feel from the outside. I usually don't mind the kicks but she's taken to kicking me straight in the crotch and it feels like my vaginal is jumping. That one I can't stand.

I guess you just get used to it gradually. It doesn't start off with your st omach moving so you have time to acclimate to something moving around in you. But I get how it weirds you out, it does me too.

Haha! Due to the placement of the placentas in the past, I only saw one of my babies move. This baby's placenta is up against me, instead of against the outside of my stomach with the others, so I'm feeling less this early and will probably see/feel more outside movement. But there's a chance that you may not see anything, depending on where the placenta is.

Either way, it definitely looks freaky when it happens to someone else, but when I saw a little foot poke out of my own stomach, I just laughed and couldn't wait to show everyone else.

Its different than watching someone else because all you see it the outside kicks on them,whereas you feel the other movements so its a gradual thing,its the best thing in the world!!

I love seeing movement except when it's like a huge bulge. With DD my stomach would harden up and one side a huge round bulge would pop out that we would think was her head, it felt so intense that looking at it made it feel worse:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->