freakin out just about now

babyzoe

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
DH and I are gonna start the BD tonight and will do so EOD until I get a positive OPK (we're swaying for a girl) but I'm freaking out here. Of course every woman wants the best sperm quality from her SO, but I'm like: are we BDing too much? too little? did the hot springs kill the sperm or just damage the DNA and lead to a baby with three heads? what about the hot showers DH takes every day? is that the reason we haven't had an oopsie in seven years? OMG!!!

anyone else freaking out?

BDing too much has nothing to do with it. I read where a woman dtd everyday as soon as she got off the witch till way past O. She conceived first cycle TTC. Bding too little of course may have an effect on if you get a bean or not. I have never heard about the other things lol. Baby dust!!

I keep reading that heat is bad for sperm, and that it kills immature sperm, so I'm thinking, do I wait to BD until right before O, so that I don't risk the chance of BDing too early and wasting all the mature sperm...or do I just BD everyday and hope for the best? I think i'm working with a limited supply of non-fried sperm, but that could just be me freaking out again.

I read somewhere that you should DTD every other day during your fertile time...usually starting after you end your period. The idea is that a day in between will help replenish the sperm supply, possibly increasing your chances.

As for the heat thing: from what I have read this will not effect sperm quality unless the guy continuously works in a hot environment such as a manufacturing job that has hot ovens or high temp machinery.

Hope I helped. Good luck!:flower:

As long as there is no issue with your guy's sperm - then it's fine to :sex: every day during your fertile time. Hot showers are also TOTALLY fine but he should stay out of hot tubs during your fertile days. My best friend dtd EOD and conceived month #3. I have gf's that did it every day as well and conceived so work around what feels right. You should feel good if you have :sex: 2-3 times during your 5 fertile days for best results.

Also - what I didn't realize at first is that saliva kills sperm!! So...without being crude...wink wink. :haha:

Here is a good article about avoiding hot tubs for men:

https://www.babycenter.com/404_shou...he-hot-tub-while-trying-to-get-pre_1336309.bc

Good luck & :dust:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->