freaking out at miscarriage signs! advice please

Nov11_Mummy2b

Poppy-Mae's Mummy
Reaction score
Hi ladies.I do apologise if this post affends anyone, am not too sure if am posting in the correct forum.so after 3 miscarriages I've just found out am 5 weeks pregnant but... I've been told frequent bowel movements are a sign of miscarriage?? I dont remember any of this with my previous miscarriages and am freaking out am going to have another!I have been to the bathroom twice today and now am worried*I still have my usual pregnancy signs, sore breasts, slight sicky, hungry all day. Urinating alot but am on edge.all my other miscarriages have happened between 5 & 7 weeks and am 5 weeks! Am I reading into this to much? I really want this baby.*Thank you in advance for any replies. Xx

I've also had recurrent miscarriages. I'm so sorry you've experienced that...it's so hard, and PAL (pregnancy after a loss) is such an anxious time.

Frequent poops really aren't a typical sign of miscarriage...in fact, in early pregnancy, with the increase in progesterone, it's common to either poop MORE, or become constipated, depending on how your body responds to the increase in the hormone. So, I would not let that symptom mess with your head too much. Severe cramping with (or without) spotting or bleeding is far more indicative of a pending miscarriage.

I would say you could be reading too much into it. I know pregnancy changes my bowel movements drastically, I "went" about 3 times on Friday, which is very unlike me tbh...it was one of the things that made me wonder if I was PG!

I know it's so hard to relax when it's someplace you've been so many times before, but really you need to just try not to think about it too much (easier said than done!). Wishing you a H & H 9 months mama xx

I feel for you! I've had 2 MC's this year. I am anxious a lot of time during this pregnancy but I just try not to think about it! saying that, I think positive thinking really helps. I tell myself I'm gonna have a baby many times a day. <3

I only had frequent poops with this sticky bean and never with my miscarriages so for me it's a good sign lol.

Good sign here too, I had it with DS and this little one xx

I've had loads of frequent poops and I go between that and constipation at the moment. Changes in bowels are signs of changing hormones nothing more

The only danger signs I think are really bad cramps and bleeding

I had very frequent trips to the bathroom between 4-7 wks, then it turned more to slight constipation. Its defo not always a bad sign xx

Pregnancy after loss is such an anxious time. I have no real advice as it is unfortunately something we just have to wait out (although it can be torturous at times!). All I can do is offer support and say that I hope everything goes well for you which I think it sounds as though it is going :flower:

Re pooping, I've never heard of this being a sign of a miscarriage. With my rainbow baby last year and my current pregnancy (I am 9 weeks) I have pooped loads more than normal so I think that is perfectly normal :)

xx

I understand! I just found out I'm pregnant, and my period is suppose to start on Saturday, and I'm brown discharging a bit which first ended in my miscarriage!! that's why I'm scared! but it could also be normal :( but ill be praying for you!! and I think it is normal to be so scared don't worry and try not to think about it that much :) that's what I'm doing! oh and lots of bed rest and water!

Prior to pregnancy I had 3 BM a day. During early first tri, I had 6 a day! I'm now almost 17w pregnant:)

I've only ever been constipated by pregnancy and I've had RMC's... And a molar pregnancy!

Thank you all for replies. Apologies for not replying, been hetic over Christmas but I did try and thank you all individually. You rest assured my mind over the holidays, thank you all.

BUT....Today I have been at the hospital with bleeding and cramps.
started with brown blood last night and red blood today.
Was referred to early pregnancy unit were they tested my urine and gave me an internal examination.
The hospital wasn't very helpful though. My urine showed an infection and the internal showed that my womb was closed.
They scheduled me in for an ultrasound scan on 3rd January and sent me home. Thats it - no explanation for the bleeding and no treatment or advice regarding the infection in my urine.
So am now back to being a worrier :(
cramps subsided and bleeding in now brown mucusy type and just there when I wipe. Has anyone any advice? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->