Freaking out!

Mazzy17

Reaction score
Might be baby hormones going into overdrive but...

We have been at the property for 3 years and we have heard rumours about previous tenants but nothing else.
Just had a knock on the door from the previous tenants current landlord who is having trouble with them aswell saying that they have lied to get into that property and not paying, lots of complaints and police are involved. He was after our landlords phone number to talk to him.I couldnt give the number as Hubby has put it in that elusive "safe place" Now me ad Hubby has researched the tenant and he is a aggressive member of BNP, a fake psychic and TBH a scary person and so is the rest of the family. Last Halloween they came over trick or treating so they know what our car is like and what i look like.

Im just worried that they are going to put 2 + 2 together and come and do some damage.

I have probably just gone into oh feck mode and getting paranoid so someone tell me i am being silly! :cry:

not to sure what to say chick but didn't want to read and run sending hugs xx

Sorry, but the landlord asking you for contact info is offside. It is not okay to try to get contact info that way. What is acceptable is asking if you wouldn't mind contacting your landlord and passing on the inquiring landlord's info to him so that your landlord can get in touch with the other landlord at his discretion.
He should not have even brought up the other previous tenants. It isn't your concern and you should not have been dragged into it in any way.
Having said that, I would be very surprised if the previous tenant connected you to problems with his landlord in any way, shape, or form. And even if the inquiring landlord did somehow say something stupid about getting an address from you, how would that make the previous tenant mad? You were just answering an inquiry. You weren't filing a complaint against him or anything like that. It would be like getting mad at the registry agent because they have the info on file that connects your license plate to your home address and now the police know where to find you. It isn't a likely target.
I think you can relax, but I think you can tell the inquiring landlord that you will pass on his contact info to your landlord, but that is the end of your involvement in this.

Im quite confused by yor post :dohh:
but have some :hugs: :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"