Freaking out!!

JRD

Reaction score
Hi,
I had a checkup last week because the week before I went into preterm labour they were able to stop my contractions and stop my labour from progressing and gave baby medicine for her lungs to develop faster.
Anywho the doctor was pleased with my checkup but my fundal height measured 35 and I am 31 weeks along because I have gestational diabetes she set up an ultrasound for this week.
I have been reading lots about a large fundal height and I'm freaking out chances are its because of my GD but what are the chances of something being wrong with the baby? I've read lots about abnormalities and down syndrome.
I'm freaking out that something is wrong :(

Honestly do not worry, fundal height is very innacurate way to predict baby size, it is dependent upon a lot of factors such as baby's position, amniotic fluid amount, whether you have a full bladder, and many more. I wouldn't worry and just wait and see what the scan says :) xx

I wouldn't worry too much about what you read online. If you have any questions or concerns, I would ask your doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->