Freddie Jack Gardiner at last xxxx

Brockie

Reaction score
Well i have finally got round to writing my birth story!!!

the whole thing was very long and hard so here is what i can remember from it!

Boxing Day evening ( 26th Dec ) i had some fluid loss and thought at last my waters have gone!!! i was 7 days over my DD so 41 weeks exactly. Had been getting irregular contractions during that day and so went in to labour ward that evening just to get checked over. They examined me internally and couldn't decide if they had gone or not?! scanned me and then said yes they had gone as no fluid left around the baby. So i stayed in as contractions still coming but only every 5 mins xx OH went home and got some sleep, i didn't sleep at all as too uncomfortable.

Saturday the contractions continued, they gave me 2 of those tablets to soften cervix throughout day, just made contractions stronger and still only 1-2 cm dilated!! no sleep again that night as they were now painfull but i could breathe through them, had Pethadine to take edge off.

Sunday they decided to send me up to delivery suite and double check waters had gone - they hadn't!!! well not all anyway, hind or fore waters or something had! so the doc spent 20 mins! trying to break the bag, as babys head was so close to edge he had to scrape away at them! and it was very uncomfortable - bring on gas & air at last!

so waters went finally at about midday sunday, contractions really picked up then.

By about 8pm that night i had got to 6cm on G&A but all of a sudden i was in constant agony, and i know it sounds dramatic but i thought i was going to die!!! didn't realise till later that baby had gone back to back and f*$k me it hurt! i was screaming at my OH by this point that i needed an epidural, i was like that girl out of the Exorcist with her head spinning round on her shoulders!

got my epi after 2 failed attempts and it took the edge off the contractions but could still feel alot which is apparantly a good epi!

Monday morning 2am and i was fully dilated and feeling this incredible urge to push and like i needed to poo! MW said i could start pushing, so i did - for 2 hours!!! honestly by the time it got to pushing i was completely drained, had no energy and couldn't see properly, everything was a blur as had not slept since the previous thursday night.

I had to dig deep and just focus on what MW was saying, i covered my face with hands and gave it everything. so 2 hours later Doc came in and said baby was fine but they needed to help me, out came the forceps. I just kept focused on what they were telling me. OH nearly went into shock when this little indian doctor wrapped a rag around her hands, got both feet up on the bed and started pulling our baby out!!!

she cut me, then all of a sudden - a huge release like a sack of potatoes - and here HE was!!!! :happydance:

Baby boy Freddie Jack Gardiner born at 4.20 am 29th Dec weighing 8lb 7 oz xx

i couldn't believe it was a boy!!! they gave him to OH and my heart just melted, and for a second i forgot the pain - then it was back with stitches, and lots of them!!!!

so it was longer, harder and more frightening than i could ever have imagined, but our boy is just beautiful and i would do it all again - maybe not this week though :rofl:

sorry so long ladies but thought you may aswell have the full story!!! xx

a few pics, 1 and 2 days old and a week old xx he is a cracker and a proper boy but then i am biased :baby:

Attachments

• CIMG3249.jpg
    CIMG3249.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 142
  • CIMG3274.jpg
    CIMG3274.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 167
  • CIMG3337.jpg
    CIMG3337.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 137
Big congratulations on the birth of your beautiful little boy!

:hug:

sam xx

gorgous hunnie congratulations :hugs:

Huge congrats brockie, hes a handsome one :D x

Huge congrats my DD buddy!! How weird i was convinced youd go early (from the size of you lol) and i'd go late!! But it flipped and we were the opposite :rofl:

He is gorgeous hun, well done :hugs:

Huge congrats my DD buddy!! How weird i was convinced youd go early (from the size of you lol) and i'd go late!! But it flipped and we were the opposite :rofl:

He is gorgeous hun, well done :hugs:

i know its ironic!!! he was too lazy to come out typical boy!!! xxx hope your doing well with your girl xxx

congratulations hun

well done he is beautiful

Lou
xxx

Congrats hun! He is lovely :) I can testify as to how hard back to back labours are! Niamh only turned just before I started pushing. It's flipping painful!

Well done hunni. You did so well coping with that

He is adorable hunni.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back