Free birth / Unassisted?

M

Miss406

Just wondering if there are any mums on here that have had a free birth (preferably in the UK) also known as unassisted births at home.

I did though it wasnt planned that way, the NHS staffing problems just got in the way of our plans and we had to call the paramedics out but they arrived 10min after ds3 was born. my birth story is linked from my journal if not in actually written in there

I'm currently planning to have an unassisted birth (I'm in Wales) as long as all looks well towards the end :)

I've already had one home birth, and one home labour with transfer (which is the reason I'm planning unassisted this time)

I'm currently planning to have an unassisted birth (I'm in Wales) as long as all looks well towards the end :)

I've already had one home birth, and one home labour with transfer (which is the reason I'm planning unassisted this time)

Congrads! :D
Does your Midwife know you're planning it?
I have reasons (similar to yours) as to why I am wanting one :D

No, I decided to keep it to myself and simply plan for a regular home birth with the medical folk. To be honest though, I can't imagine she'd be surprised in the least considering the way I've been treated throughout my last labour and this pregnancy.

No, I decided to keep it to myself and simply plan for a regular home birth with the medical folk. To be honest though, I can't imagine she'd be surprised in the least considering the way I've been treated throughout my last labour and this pregnancy.

Are they supportive of a home birth?
I've had 5 children now, even the home births I wish were a little different.
Hope it all goes well for you, I can't wait to hear the birth story :D

I'm not in the UK but I am planning an unassisted birth when I get pregnant again. I had one already and it was wonderful.

Are they supportive of a home birth?
I've had 5 children now, even the home births I wish were a little different.
Hope it all goes well for you, I can't wait to hear the birth story :D

Supportive would be pushing it, they're more accepting that it's my right ;)

It's something I've researched heavily, and being a nurse I'm confident I can deal with any issues that could arise so that helps strengthen my resolve. But honestly, the crappy care is making the choice for me. I can't trust them to even book my scans never mind trust them to deliver my baby when I'm at my most vulnerable.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->