Free electoral roll at the library?

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
As the title says, can I find peoples addresses and phone numbers for free? Even if they are ex directory?

I may sound like a stalker but I'm not haha, its for my OH we are trying to trace his birth mother/siblings.

You won't have phone numbers on the electoral roll & they will not be published anywhere (I don't believe) if they are ex directory.

Have you tried 192.com?

Other thing to consider is for the last 10 years we have all had the option to opt out if being included on what is accessible to the public (an edited version of the full record). It's only a box you tick so I think a lot of people probably opt out - I know I always do. I don't exist on the public records, only on the confidential council records.

Was your oh adopted? If so there should be services available to help track her down. She eould dtill have the right to say to the authorities that you can't have her contact information though.

I've found addresses on 192.com, there is a charge but its worth it in my opinion :) x

I used to work in a library, the electoral roll doesn't work like that. It lists people's names, but it's categorised into wards, so you need to know where people live. You can actually view the full electoral roll (not just the edited one), but you have to do so under supervision. So it's not really much use to you. 192.com is probably a better option as you search by name, although it might be a long shot.

Thank you how much is 192?

its annoying isnt it! I was trying to help a friend here in the UK find someone a few years ago and I was shocked that you cant just look up someones address or phone number! In Canada and the States you can type someones name into 411 and it comes up, you can also reverse look up a phone number, think you can opt out of it but not many do!

I don't know how much 192.com is, they seem to be a bit cagey about price lol. You have to buy credits to search 'premium' records, which include the latest electoral roll. You can search by name, although you have to know the area. Directory enquiries are free so it may be worth registering on there and seeing if there are any 'free' entries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->