Freezer food

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
hey, so all the books say youll get this great nesting instinct and suggest filling up the freezer with meals.

Has anyone done this? was it worth it? what kind of food did you make and when did you start doing it?

My ideas so far include: a chicken, lasagna, spaghetti and meat sauce, a soup, box pizza, meat balls... any other ideas?

i plan on doing this to avoid having to cook for the first week or so.
I'll also buy in jars of pasta sauces for when i'm in hospital so DB doesnt live off takeaways.

hows about pies? pasties? quiche?

quiche is a great idea, when do you plan on starting, im not such a fan of leaving stuff in the freezer too long?

I will be finishing work three weeks before baby is born and im going to start making double of chilli's, spagetti bolognase, stews and soups and freezing them so the first few weeks the OH will just have to defrost them and warm them up for us.
Will be buying in things like pizza, chicken kievs etc that just need to go in oven.
So most of my stuff will be in the freezer no longer than 5-6 weeks.
xxx

I will be finishing work three weeks before baby is born and im going to start making double of chilli's, spagetti bolognase, stews and soups and freezing them so the first few weeks the OH will just have to defrost them and warm them up for us.
Will be buying in things like pizza, chicken kievs etc that just need to go in oven.
xxx

SNAP!

xxx

Snap too.

I can absolutely vouch for this idea. :thumbup:

When I had Charlie, now 21mnths, I did this but I left it in big pots with the thought that we could all still eat together. :dohh:

Since it's not a good idea to reheat previously reheated food, I spent about 2 months eating mine cold. :hissy: So my recomendation would be; yes totally make big batches but freeze it in single serving containers. That way if the guys are hungry when you're in the middle of something, then it's easy enough to whack it in the michaelwave. :dance:

X

I have good intentions on preparing meals in advance as well. Hubby will have the kids on his own for 3-4 days so I want to make sure they will eat healthy as hubby is not a big cook. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->