Freezing meals for later?

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
I made big batches of things with DS for late in my pregnancy and when we got home from the hospital. I really want to start doing it again this time and start early since I have DS to chase around.

What recipes do you ladies like to cook and freeze? I even like to roast red potatoes and freeze. Then all I have to do it microwave them for a quick side dish (or sinple lunch for a ravenous bf'ing momma :haha:) :thumbup:

Casseroles mostly as they reheat well

I also have ziploc bag with prepared crock lot meals so all I have to do is throw them in the crock pot and dinner will be ready at the end of the night

First time round I did lasagnes and pies but found that anything that needed knife and fork to eat was a nightmare as I seemed to be constantly holding a baby to my breast with one hand! So I'll go for dishes that just need a spoon to eat this time!

So stews, curries, chilli, hearty soups.

Something I saw on Pinterest was using raviolis as a sort of "lasagna cake". I really liked that because premade cheese ravioli here is really cheep :D

I won't until my third trimester, one because I don't like the idea of things being in my freezer for over a month and two because I'm going to buy and extra freezer as mines tiny.

I plan to make cottages pies, it's like my favourite ever food and easy to bulk make.

Also stew, again super easy, healthy and just get some nice fresh bread to go with, Devine.

Then whatever else I make that last while I'll bulk and freeze, curries, chilli, pasta dishes, etc.

Hoping a couple of friends will pop over with homemade yummies too lol.

Stew is my all time fave! Soups aswell, always a good choice with some fresh bread.
Chilli, curry, casseroles, Basically anything that is sauce based I guess Hun!?

I will be doing this closer to the time, and I'm am sure my slow cooker will get a heck of a lot of abuse lol x

Last time, I did casseroles, cheese stuffed shells, stroganoff, soups, and stews. It helped for my DH, as he could just toss something in the oven and have dinner done quickly, giving him more baby time and more "taking care of the mama" time. He was home for a week and a half, doing everything he could to help.

This time, I'll probably do more stuffed shells and casseroles, as the soups and stews tend to work better in the winter rather than in the spring.

Shepherds/cottage pie
Spag Bol
Casserole
Lasagne

We were going to do this first time round but never did , most meals don't take long to make so h did it for a while

Will do mince but have to cook for dd anyway so I'm sure between us I'm sure it will be ok

Stalking this thread for ideas. I am having a winter baby so it will be a bit easier on me.

Also stalking. I am having a spring baby, so I'm struggling with ideas. It gets really hot, really early here. I'm not sure what I will feel like eating when it's 80+ degrees out. I usually eat salads or veggie dishes in the spring, but the thought of cutting and chopping things at first sounds awful.

With our first kiddo on the way we froze spaghetti sauce, enchiladas, chowder, chili, and burritos. I only wish we had made more because we were digging in before the baby came! I suggest the burritos because you can pop them in the microwave for a quick lunch. :) Definitely doing it this time around too but making more!

Also stalking. I am having a spring baby, so I'm struggling with ideas. It gets really hot, really early here. I'm not sure what I will feel like eating when it's 80+ degrees out. I usually eat salads or veggie dishes in the spring, but the thought of cutting and chopping things at first sounds awful.

What about things that can go on the grill? Like meats into marinades that you could grill and then use for like a fajita or things like that?

With our first kiddo on the way we froze spaghetti sauce, enchiladas, chowder, chili, and burritos. I only wish we had made more because we were digging in before the baby came! I suggest the burritos because you can pop them in the microwave for a quick lunch. :) Definitely doing it this time around too but making more!

I've started doing like a vegetarian burrito thing. They're pretty tasty and convenient.

I've started doing like a vegetarian burrito thing. They're pretty tasty and convenient.

Mm that's a good idea. Super healthy too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->