FRER Accuracy question!

Stormykins

Reaction score
I took a FRER "6 days sooner" test today at 10 DPO and got a BFN. After reading the box, it seems my chances are basically zero after getting a BFN on this test. It says on the box when taken 6 days before missed period (9 DPO), 5 days before missed period (10 DPO) 96% accurate at detecting pregnancy. After that it is greater than 99% accurate.

What I don't get is... I thought some women implant at 10-12 DPO... so how can it possibly be 99% accurate if some women haven't even implanted? Am I missing something?

I realize my chances of getting a BFP now are hugely reduced, but surely more than 4% of women implant at/after 10 DPO??? And then it takes at least a day or two for the HCG to reach the urine right? So confused! :wacko:

I think it means it's 99% accurate in the amount of people tested when testing the product at 10 dpo. So if most were not pregnant the test was right the few that were it was able to detect it so the test again is accurate. I have been pregnant 5 times and swear by FRER. This being said I tested at 10 dpo and 12 days and had bfn but then in day 14 and bfp. You still stand a good chance. Most do not show until day 12 or 13. This time I showed at 10 dpo very early for me and the adverse. Good luck

FR is full of it. Implantation usually happens between 8 and 9dpo but anywhere from 6-12 dpo is normal. When you get a positive is very individual and unique. Some women produce a large amount of HCG and some a tiny amount to begin with. Some can get early positives and some don't get one at all when pregnant. The Average is 11-13 dpo. Anything before your period is due is early.

FR is highly overrated and should not be trusted any more than any other brand. You are not out.

I agree with you, if you implant later, it will take longer to get a bfp. I don't think you're out yet. Give it a couple more days xx

Thanks ladies :) Took a Wondfo this morning... stark white again. I'm not holding out much hope rationally (I have zero symptoms unlike with my DD, and I also had a positive by now with her)... but I really appreciate your comments and do feel a bit better. Thank you again!

So untrue.
I have used FRERs for my past two pregnancies and up until the day my period was due I had BFN. I only ever got a BFP on the day AF was due. Totally hope for you yet!

Thank you for the hope. :hugs: Another stark white BFN today at 11 DPO but we shall see what happens!

I agree it just depends on implant, and I believe like a pp said that is women who knew they were pregnant from a blood test getting positives. This pregnancy I got my first line at 10dpo evening but fmu looked bfn to me. But I don't count myself out until 11dpo because for me Af's preshow is 12dpo and 13dpo she comes full force and I have always implanted on the earlier side. I have plrnty if friends who implant 9-10 and didn't get their first lines until 12/13dpo. Hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->