Friend asked me!

JennaSmith

just us the dog and fish
Reaction score
We decided not to tell anyone this time around Untill next week after our scan. My friend said to me yesterday are you expecting your belly looks very hard and round.
If she's noticed I'm worried that my mum will know :-s I don't want her being upset because we haven't told her! X

I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure your Mum will understand that you wanted to wait until after the scan to make sure all was ok. Is this a friend you spend a lot of time with? She may have noticed other little signs if you do, other than your belly. And has put 2 and 2 together. Hope everything goes great for you when you announce! Xx

Yea I usually see her most days but hadn't seen her for a week or so. I think my mum may suspect but I thought she'd have said something. I know it sounds Pety but I have this dream of announcing it and everything being so perfect.
Just hope it's near my dream! X

Good for you and your dream, it isn't petty at all! This is your and dh's pregnancy, not everyone elses! Tell when you want and how you want! I didn't tell my family until I was farther along and my mom was a little upset but I just told her that it was for me and my husband and we shared when we were ready, not whenever one else thinks it is time. I hope your plans work out just the way you want! Congrats and I totally understand and don't think it is silly or petty at all!!

My mum knew very early on with others do think she will take it bad. I just don't want children hearing little whispers I want to tell them and show then the pics n see the excitement x

Your friend must have been pretty sure that you were expecting to say that.

It could be just that she's spent a lot of time with you. Though I do think it's rude for anyone to ask. 1) if you're actually not pregnant (then twisting the knife if you're having infertility issues) or 2) if you are and aren't ready to tell. I knew my SIL was pregnant before she announced (you could tell by looking at her - she wasn't even that far along), but it's simply polite and respectful to not say anything and let them announce when they are ready to and in the way they want to.

Even if your mom suspects, she may not have said anything so you can tell her. Even if she's upset, just be honest and say you wanted to wait and make sure things were okay first (or whatever reason is). Regardless of your reason, it's your and your husband's decision to make, and it's not wrong. If she can't accept it, she'll eventually come to terms with it.

My mom knew with both right away, but everyone else didn't know until a little later. My dad was upset that she knew so long ago and we didn't tell him, but eventually understood our reasoning and respected that.

My dad hasn't been well so I didn't want him stressing that things were going to go the same way as our last pregnancy was my main worry. We lost baby at 11 weeks. He has a lot going on and didn't want to add to his stress and my mum wouldn't be able to not tell him.
Not long to wait before we have scan now and can announce can't wait to see baby!
I think I am showing very early this time my belly has hardened and I know it sounds silly but even in my face I look pregnant lol and think my friend just knows from these and things I've cut back on. We don't go for coffee as often lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->