Friends forever?

Armywife

Mummy to 2 beauties
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel as though they have found friends for life on this forum? I have good friends gathered from army wives forums when hubby has been in afghan and iraq too and i have found that going through things like this brings you together with people and forms a bond that is hard to come by in every day life.

I have heard mention in the past of 'forum mentality' but i truly believe i have found great friends on here. In particular Jays_Wifey who lives my exact life just a few miles away and a few years apart! We even have the same teddy bear! x x x

I haven't on here, however, I have most of my best friends through a car club (forum) I am with. I was bridesmaid for one last year and she is my bridesmaid next year. She will also be asked to be my LOs god mother :D Met my DF through the same club so its pretty much worked for me :D

Friends for life? I sure hope so :D
You know who you are, girlies :winkwink:

xxxx

That's so sweet armywife! I wish i could find someone! Like you say, relationships like that ARE hard to come by in everyday life. X

That's so sweet armywife! I wish i could find someone! Like you say, relationships like that ARE hard to come by in everyday life. X

Do you have a text buddy? Someone who is due around the same time as you? x x x

I don't know anybody particularly well on here yet but I actually met my hubby on a cancer forum so I know how great forum friends can be!

Yes but don't get a reply when i text her and can't remember her name on here. =( x

Oh! Thats not good! Have you posted in the thread for the month you're due? That seems to be how some people are organising theirs x x x

No, but that thought popped into my head as i wrote my last reply! =)
. . . .runs off to Sept embryo's thread to find me a txt buddy. . .!

I hear you, I have three text buddies and they are great and defo friends I wanna keep. I even met two of them this Easter which was lovely. On a forum like this is think it's inevitable you connect with a few like minded people. It's not like facebook or anything which is far more risky. :hugs: to you all.

awww hunni :hugs: you really made my day posting this!! im so lucky to have found a friend like you i dont know what state i would've been in today without you to talk to. :hugs: thank you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i think i have yeah.
admittedly everyone kinda views us septembryos as a bit mad- and thats prob true rofl.
in our defence about 90 odd % are actually one of the same 2 star=signs which could have something do to with it??
but yeah these mad ladies are there for me whenever i need them, and we all rally together pretty well.
x

I think i might be too wierd for that, which is fine.

I'm used to girls not finding me interesting as i've grown up with mostly boys around me. The usual girl topics arent in my interest either so i guess it's mutual:) I find that i don't think like a girl and very rarely feel like one.

i have met a friend for life on a forum i use for ladies that have suffered losses , we started texting an using msn over a yr ago now and talk everyday ! we have so much in common an we talk about absolutly everything including very intimate an embarrassing problems :rofl: the only problem is we live so far apart im in kent an she is in liverpool :cry: i cant imagine my life now witout jenna in it :hugs:

me and golcarlilly (tracey) met on a wedding forum in 2006, our weddings were 4-5weeks apart and we kept in touch via msn and facebook, and then realised that we were due babies 4-5weeks apart.

there are a few others from wedding site that have turned into really good friends. not really got to know many ppl on here as well as i did the wedding site, dont know why.

Lovely thread Army wife!

I have met some lovely people on here especially the girls I met during my miscarriage last year, the girls on the BAW club thread and the fab Flumpy Bumps, I always think it is a shame we don't all live nearer to each other so we could meet up in the 'real world' aswell as cyber space!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->